PDA

View Full Version : problems with Spybot and Nero

wudada
2006-01-30, 00:20
Dear all
I suspect that Spybot/TeaTimer is blocking Nero's access to freedb.freedb.org. This started with some unreadable boxes (fixes to that I found here in another thread). Annoyed by many boxes popping up which on top of that had unreadable buttons, I came to click on the wrong button (at least that is my theory). Uninstalling spybot did not help, reinstalling neither. Is there a way to edit the list of blocked outbound traffic and unblock Nero's traffic? Or is there reason to belive that my theory is wrong?
Thanks for helping

MacSurf
2006-01-30, 11:36
Hello Wudada,

perhaps you accidentally chose to block Nero`s try to get to freedb.freedb.org.
Maybe the following instrctions can solve the problem.

Please right-click the TeaTimer icon in the system tray "Spybot S&D resident" and select "Settings". There you will find 4 lists for remembered decisions (allowed/denied processes and registry changes). In order to remove an entry just click on the cross next to it. TeaTimer will then "forget" this decision and you will be asked again the next time.

wudada
2006-01-30, 22:12
Hej MacSurf
I am not sure if we have the same version.
My about reads version 1.4 downloaded a few days ago.
I cannot find a TeaTimer icon that can be right clicked, and i cannot recognize the tray names you talk about.
With Mode>advanced mode, I can see the followin trays (1. level of hierarchy) Spybot-S&D, Settings, Tools, Info&Licenses.
Maybe you did download and install an additional tool?
Please try to explain again.

PepiMK
2006-01-30, 22:16
I'm using Nero myself, and never had problems with the FreeDB queries, except when the FreeDB server contacted had some ;)
So I'm pretty sure Spybot is not blocking Nero. But you could open Spybot, switch it to Advanced Mode (see the Mode menu), then go to Tools -> Hosts file. Take a look if the FreeDB server is blocked there for some reason, and if so, remove it.