PDA

View Full Version : Hijacked..please help

laurenh
2007-12-22, 21:56
while on Internet Explorer 7 today, my computer was hijacked by PerformanceOptimizer. its website filled the screen and i can't go to any other websites using that browser (i'm using Opera to type this). it attempts to download but as far as i know, hasn't been successful yet (i think IE was smart enough to stop the download, but i could be wrong).

i have Windows XP service pack 2. i ran Sypot S&D (after installing all updates) and it couldn't find this malware. also ran AVG anti-virus, and while it picked up 2 viruses that weren't there yesterday, it didn't pick up this malware either.

i'm not too crazy about HijackThis so i would prefer to avoid installing/running that program if possible. Does anyone know how to remove this malware otherwise?

thanks for your time

Shaba
2007-12-24, 11:05
Hi laurenh and welcome to Safer Networking Forums :)

What makes you not to want to install HijackThis?

Shaba
2007-12-31, 11:20
Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team
a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

If it had been 10 days or more since your last post, and especially if the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, the topic will not be reopened.

In that situation, if you still require help, it would be best to start a new topic and include a fresh HijackThis log with a link to your original thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.