PDA

View Full Version : coolWWWsearch still killing spybot

wjones3540
2007-12-23, 19:36
Im a newbie to this board,so sorry if this is a repeat, but I am still unable to complete my spybot scan. It stops and dies at at 6090 files scanned at coolwwwsearch. Ive downloaded and ran CWshredder and also coolwebsearch smartkiller. Both say that coolwwwsearch is not present on my system. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled spybot (latest version)and all updates. This has been happening for at least 6 months now and im getting frustrated. Any help on how to fix this would be deeply appreciated!

Shaba
2007-12-24, 11:04
Hi wjones3540 and welcome to Safer Networking Forums :)

Have you tried to scan with Spybot in safe mode?

wjones3540
2007-12-26, 20:56
yes, I have ran it in safe mode and the same thing happens. I am at a loss.

Shaba
2007-12-27, 14:28
Hi

Ok, then let's take a closer look.

Click here (http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/threat_analytics/HJTInstall.exe) to download HJTInstall.exe
Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
Doubleclick on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
Click on Install.
It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
DO NOT use the AnalyseThis button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.
DO NOT have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

Shaba
2008-01-03, 10:43
Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending the moderating team
a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

If it had been 10 days or more since your last post, and especially if the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, the topic will not be reopened.

In that situation, if you still require help, it would be best to start a new topic and include a fresh HijackThis log with a link to your original thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.