PDA

View Full Version : Please Help!! Malware-Trojan.Win32.CP4000, is the error??

aliciagebar
2007-12-25, 20:01
Hi, I am having some serious issues with some error msg that looks like a windows screen popping up on my comp, it's called windows defender, I.E. defender, I don't know much abt computers I tried to look in the forum under similar post but not really understanding. I keep getting an error msg : System Error! Your Pc is infected by malware-Trojan.Win32.Cp4000. It's dangerous for your system(critical files can be lost)!

Click ok to download antispyware program to cleam your system!(Recommended)

Well that is the error msg, and:oops: unfortunately I clicked ok b/c I though it was my system generating this error, then it sd I had a virus,so b/c I know nothing abt this I then found your forums and realized that I had just downloaded a virus, so I uninstalled it immediately...It's terrible every second this error msg pops up, Please Help!!:santa:
Thank You and Happy Holidays!!

katana
2008-01-11, 16:37
Hello and welcome to the forums

My name is Katana and I will be helping you to remove any infection(s) that you may have.

Please observe these rules while we work:
1. If you don't know, stop and ask! Don't keep going on.
2. Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
3. Please continue to respond until I give you the "All Clear"
(Just because you can't see a problem doesn't mean it isn't there)

If you can do those three things, everything should go smoothly :D

I apologize for the delay in responding, but as you can probably see the forums are quite busy
and sometimes a post manages to slip by us.
Unfortunately there are far more people needing help than there are helpers.

If you still require help please post a fresh Hijack This log to this thread.
I will be notified and I will get back to you ASAP.

Please include a description of your problem
Click here (http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/_download/HJTInstall.exe) to download HJTinstall.exe
Save HJTinstall.exe to your desktop.
Double click on the HJTinstall.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\\Program Files\\Trend Micro\\Hijack This.
Click I accept
Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
Click Save to save the log file and then the log will open in notepad.
Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

Kaspersky Online Scanner .
Your Antivirus and/or Antispyware may give a warning during the scan. This is perfectly normal
Go Here http://www.kaspersky.com/kos/eng/partner/default/kavwebscan.html

Read the Requirements and limitations before you click Accept.
Allow the ActiveX download if necessary
Once the database has downloaded, click Next.
Click Scan Settings and change the "Scan using the following antivirus database" from standard to extended and then click OK.
Click on "My Computer" and then put the kettle on!
When the scan has completed, click Save Report As...
Enter a name for the file in the Filename: text box and then click the down arrow to the right of Save as type: and select text file (*.txt)
Click Save - by default the file will be saved to your Desktop, but you can change this if you wish.