PDA

View Full Version : .db?

drragostea
2008-04-07, 04:26
What are data base files exactly? I tried to burn files to a disc and it told me that a .db (data base) file was attached to what I was burning or something. I do not have the message in front of me anymore. The OS told me that if I continue copying the .db file may be lost but the contents will not be affected. I clicked yes to continue to copy, and in result it failed to copy. However, when I told the OS to skip the .db file, it was fine. :sad:

tashi
2008-04-07, 05:32
Hello,

What are data base files exactly?

A vast subject but in a nutshell think of a database as an electronic filing system. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_System

Part of a file may have been missing, corrupted or not necessary for the intended job at hand.

Cheers

drragostea
2008-04-08, 01:26
Tashi... what you're saying is that. Should I load the files I saved on the disc on another OS... It would unreadable? When I tried to burn it on disc told me that it had a .db file attached. It would be lost... possibly. Darn.

tashi
2008-04-08, 06:05
Hello,

Should I load the files I saved on the disc on another OS... It would unreadable? When I tried to burn it on disc told me that it had a .db file attached. It would be lost... possibly. Darn.

However, when I told the OS to skip the .db file, it was fine. :sad:

Have you played the disc to see if it burnt correctly?

drragostea
2008-04-08, 07:54
Well it was fine, it would play but it told some time to load the contents.