PDA

View Full Version : Antivirus Replacement.

myhelipad
2008-04-09, 07:57
Hi all, I'm newbies here...

Hopefully i'm asking in the wright place, if wrong pls move or delete mr.adm.

I have download spybot S&D and install on my computer and help me allot, from what i feel is better to replace totally antivirus that i bought cause me a lot of problem with spyware, malware, adsware etc.. when subscriptions come to expired. My experience teach don't believe much on what you buy coz i don't no what happen its running or stop running to hidden behind antivirus.

Hope getting suggestion what should i add beside Spybot S&D to make more power then bought new antivirus with sum amt and shorter subscriptions period and as payment more & more but computer still attacks by Virus, spyware, malware, adsware etc....

Regards

myhelipad

tashi
2008-04-09, 09:05
Hello,

This topic may give you some ideas. :)

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=9289

Hope that helps.

myhelipad
2008-04-11, 03:28
Hello,

This topic may give you some ideas. :)

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=9289

Hope that helps.

Hi tashi, Thank You very much for reply..

I have read through the idea on that thread, it's very usefully and knowledgeable. Give me allot of idea to make a decision.

Regards

Digbythickness
2008-04-12, 22:21
also a newby so these may be slightly idiotic suggestions/ideas but here goes.
Use your machines disc cleanup/defrag OFTEN. you'd be amazed at how much CRAP accumulates just from bare minimal web surfing. Dics cleanup removes most of this.
Use a browser that has as much embedded protection as possible- Firefox, Opera are my 2 best reccomendations- i'd avoid IE as much as possible and netscape isn't as bad but nowehre near as good as FF
run teatimer all the time - yes it sucks a LOT of cpu power but its well worth it.
anytime your machine does something that you find even remotely weird, send an email to spybot team and ask about it. Odds are you will get a better answer than just assuming you goofed.
use your SySTEM Restore Point often. this can save you from having to do an entire disc/hard drive reformat - and yes I goofed once and had to do a reformat cause I wasnt using my restore point system as I should have.
Make sure your machines factory supplied firewall settings are up and current. The factory supplied firewall protection isnt the best, but it is your FIRST line of protection - make sure you always have it on and updated.
Lastly, keep your modem/inetrnet cable close at hand. if all else fails(and it sometimes does) unplug from the net, isolating your machine.
hope this helps :)