PDA

View Full Version : I can't seem to post anything ? my email smtp is broken aswell

chelley
2008-04-18, 08:32
Can someone help me please I am totally isolated by this virus thing or something? I dont know what is doing this?

Michelle

Phone REMOVED call about BST 18:00 or later

chelley
2008-04-18, 08:42
Can someone help me please I am totally isolated by this virus thing or something? I dont know what is doing this?

Michelle

Phone REMOVED call about BST 18:00 or later

I can only post a few lines at a time otherwise it wont work for me?
I have a Big problem here ...

Michelle

I try again >

Can someone please help me? I think I am the victim of some sort of virus, a few days ago my antivirus popped up a message warning me of a virus called Hacktool my antivirus fought back and seemed to remove the virus, however shortly after this event my email program Outlook express started to fail to send any email out!

(I have to split my message into small chunks as it wont submit in this form)

chelley
2008-04-18, 08:46
Then I noticed that Internet Explorer 7 started to fail more as successive web pages were loaded on YouTube, interestingly it only seemed to effect YouTube! I do not understand what is going on, then I decided to install Firefox which is version 2.0 this worked at first then it also spluttered and died On YouTube.

(I have to split my message into small chunks as it wont submit in this form)

chelley
2008-04-18, 08:48
but other websites seem fine! I have been getting very up tight about what the hell is happening, I have 3 windows machine on my home network and all seem to be dying in the exact same way, Norton Antivirus and Nod32 on various PC's can not detect anything, also Spybot has not detected anything unusual.

chelley
2008-04-18, 08:49
Then I discovered I can't upload pictures, to my flicker account and also I can't upload video to any video site such as YouTube or Google or Myspace, I thought their must be a problem with the java or active-X so I got hold of the Upload tools and tried those instead, but NADA they never get past 2% then they stall out, with errors basically saying I am not connected to the Internet? I contacted a friend over IRC in germany who sometimes acts as my Network Admin, he has used VNC before to help me but now he only gets a Black Screen (He cannot see my desktop at all)

chelley
2008-04-18, 08:50
we even tried ftp but he could not navigate, I am really desperate I am disabled I don't have much money so can't afford to call anyone in especially for 3 pc's can any one of you guys help? I will be only to happy to contribute as a donation to Spybot if you can help me please.
Boy I hope this form thing works ?

Sincerely Michelle

chelley
2008-04-18, 08:58
PS,
This is my YouTube account and I don't think any of my Video's or my friend Jon could be any reason for me to get any blocks on my account so is this something that others have seen before?
REMOVED

Michelle

tashi
2008-04-18, 18:03
Hello Michelle,

Sorry to hear of the computer problems.

By your description the machine is infected, certain malware will try to prevent you from accessing security sites.

Please do not post private information for your own safety.

For someone to take a look at the system, please read the information in this link to produce a HiJackThis log.
"BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Skip the rest of the procedure and start your own thread in the Malware Removal Forum (http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22) (copy pasting the log into your topic) and a helper will advise you as soon as available.

If you cannot produce a HJT log let us know.

Best regards.

chelley
2008-04-19, 04:42
Hello Michelle,

Sorry to hear of the computer problems.

By your description the machine is infected, certain malware will try to prevent you from accessing security sites.

snip

If you cannot produce a HJT log let us know.

Best regards.

I need to mention I have a total of 4 PC's on my Local Area Network
2 pc's = Windows 2000 1 = Windows XP sp2 1 = Debian but this is a Server for the flightgear project accessed remotely from Auz, by a friend I have no understanding of Debian my self Any special precautions I should know?

Usually only win2k (Serve2) / XP (Venus6) / Debian (?) machine's active in front room. (Denotes Machine ID)

Michelle

chelley
2008-04-19, 08:07
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?p=183699#post183699

If anyone can copy and paste my main error (above, the parts) across for me as a quote it would be much appreciated because I cannot post it in one single message because of my problem it would make it less cluttered thanks!

Michelle