PDA

View Full Version : about spyware

ravindra
2008-04-22, 09:38
spyware is suppose to used findout credit card no.etc
but my question is how the process take place.
how it send detail to remote computer

drragostea
2008-04-23, 02:29
Not all spyware do that. I think you're referring to keyloggers. Spyware infect your registry keys, display annoying ads, and "hijack" or change your IE homepage. Keyloggers remain silent in the computer background, tracking passwords, credit card #s, and usernames. Now in the creator's side, he/she gets the information about the passwords, credit card #s, in a program. It is displayed in plain text (most of the time). Keylogger do not just infect users "randomly"... it may infect users just by visiting a website (drive-by-download) or it may be bundled with a program. Usually, a anti-malware/spyware program will remove a majority of keyloggers that it finds on the users computer. The program identifies the keylogger by "fingerprints" or by heuristic analysis. But also note that there are variants of keyloggers and spyware.

shelf life
2008-04-23, 05:52
user unknowingly installs trojan component(server) on own computer via a direct download or malicious website,instant messaging,crack,software,email attachment or some other social engineering trick as that is the easiest way.

attacker uses other trojan component (client) to connect to users machine. This is a remote access trojan. If successful the attacker has free use of your computer and possibly many other computers to use at will.

Another type of trojan may search for key word information like bank names, credit card info, passwords, log keystrokes, send info via email or upload. other types of trojans are html proxy (hides real user IP) or spam proxy (bounce spam via your computer) among others.
installation for any type of trojan is the same. Trojans are now the most prevalent malware form. trojans can be customized/tailored to do just about anything.

ravindra
2008-04-23, 13:53
Dear Drragostea & shelflife,
thanks for giving me full detail article.

ght1
2008-04-23, 20:53
Some people recommend the KeyScrambler-AddOn (:FF:) against keyloggers.

drragostea
2008-04-23, 22:27
@tpro1: I wouldn't suggest that... Also, in my perspective, I believe it would not benefit the user who is free of keyloggers. It would be a futile add-on. :bigthumb:

Edit: Some people recommend? Who are those people?

ght1
2008-04-24, 19:43
I think it's a second layer of security if your software can't detect a new keylogger. If you are free of viruses your antivirus software is a futile software? :cowboy:

Edit: Nice computer, i had the same one!

drragostea
2008-04-24, 19:49
It would be a futile add-on. :bigthumb:

!!!Edit: Some people recommend? Who are those people?

You did not answer my question. The scrambler you mentioned... it is a third-party add-on.

ght1
2008-04-24, 20:58
Some computer magacines :heart:

drragostea
2008-04-24, 21:57
@tpro1... hahas. Sure. :laugh: (scoff). The more add-ons on Mozilla Firefox... the slower it gets. I don't play with add-ons for fun.

ght1
2008-04-24, 22:09
I have a fast machine, no problem :bigthumb: So let's get back to topic ...

drragostea
2008-04-24, 22:58
Right on. :)

angie1313
2008-04-25, 17:04
I've used KeyScrambler-AddOn too for an old client of mine and I was very satisfied with it overall. very easy to use

tashi
2008-04-25, 17:55
@tpro1: I wouldn't suggest that... Also, in my perspective, I believe it would not benefit the user who is free of keyloggers. It would be a futile add-on. :bigthumb:

Edit: Some people recommend? Who are those people?

Some of our malware removal helpers. ;)

drragostea
2008-04-25, 18:22
Ah. tashi :bigthumb: then why didn't you mention it a few days ago? But still... I still do not understand how the add-on "functions".

tashi
2008-04-25, 18:44
Hello,

Ah. tashi :bigthumb: then why didn't you mention it a few days ago? Because I didn't see your post and I have been just a little busy.

As to how it works:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3383

Best regards.

drragostea
2008-04-25, 19:13
Thanks tashi. I plan to install it later.

drragostea
2008-04-25, 19:31
Erm. No. I plan to do a System Restore. KeyScrambler apparently is outdated in the Mozilla page... When I logged on my OS... my Task Manager went haywire. Everything took 2x longer to load. I quit Keyscrambler. Not my type.

ght1
2008-04-26, 08:29
Everything took 2x longer to load.

I think there is something wrong with your machine. I never notice any differences hm :crowned:

drragostea
2008-04-26, 19:02
@tpro1... hahas... your amusing. Not. There's nothing wrong with my machine. It's fine. I just found out I installed a outdated version of it... :sad: But I still don't want to use it.