PDA

View Full Version : ActivX

ravindra
2008-05-05, 04:10
while surfing, one of the site was forcing me to download their activex.
when i refuse, IE also start forcing for same. there were forcing and i was
refusing. battale will take 10 min. At last i shutdown the computer
But why IE was forcign to download and how to rid from such situation

drragostea
2008-05-05, 04:26
Clarify what you specifically mean when you say "forcing". Or do you mean that when you were browsing the Internet, you were prompted to install an Active X. Do you have the latest version of Internet Explorer, ravinda? Personally, I would recommend Mozilla Firefox because it is highly flexible, customizable, and is less vulnerable than IE. But that does not mean that it is invincible. I would suggest that you set the Security Settings in Internet Explorer to it's default settings.

Just a simple question. What OS are you using and what browsers (versions of possible). Thanks.

ravindra
2008-05-06, 03:53
while browsing on net,one of the site promted me to download activex by showing window when i cancelled that another window popup from IE as i tryto cancelled this IE' window.but no use. there were toggling site and IE. both forcing for same. at last i shutdown my computer* :hair:
CPU Q6660
RAM 2GB
HDD 160 GB
OS XP
IE 7

drragostea
2008-05-06, 05:58
ravinda, you do not have to force shut-down your PC just because your IE was "unresponsive", or maybe you were unable to close IE. Force shutting down is not good for the computer. With your statistics, with 2 GB of RAM, that's good enough for web browsing and word processing simultaneously. For my computer it can run smoothly, at a 512 MB of RAM. t
To solve your problem... you can open the Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete. You can force "close" IE if it is not responding. I do not mean like force reboot. I would suggest you use two simple programs... Spybot-SD 1.5.2.20 and SpywareBlaster v.4.0. Both these programs, sorta add's "bad" sites to the restricted zones of your browsers.

~~~~~What site did you go on when you encountered the Active X prompt?