PDA

View Full Version : help on firefox

chewdz
2008-05-16, 12:28
I am having the latest version of firefox and i am having problems when i use shockwave programs on it. A popup message appears with the following message:

Application popup: firefox.exe - Application Error : The exception unknown software exception (0xc00000fd) occurred in the application at location 0x68065e7e.

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program

what could the problem be?

drragostea
2008-05-16, 21:11
Hello. I don't know, but I encounter this program when you try to quit Firefox when it is not responding. To end it, would be like it said, to force quit the application. You just have to restart the browser again. FF2 enables the session restore ability. Also, cancel, would be more like just let FF continue to do what it was doing. FF might freeze at times because the user opens multiple tabs simultaneously.

chewdz
2008-05-17, 11:00
thats what i do, to force FF to end and restart the browser again. but there is no way to solve this problem permanently?

drragostea
2008-05-17, 18:52
I don't quite fully understand. How does FF "crash"? Because FF does not crash like out of nowhere. Unless you are using multiple tabs simultaneously, FF will "hang" for a few seconds. Unless something drastic occurs on your FF browser, I don't see how FF will crash. Can you elaborate?

ndmmxiaomayi
2008-05-18, 08:18
Try uninstall Shockwave and re-installing it?

If not, try Firefox Safe Mode and disable all addons and restart Firefox.

Start > All Programs > Mozilla Firefox > Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode)

Run Firefox in that mode and see if Firefox still crashes. If it doesn't, re-enable all your addons one by one to see which one is causing conflicts with it.

chewdz
2008-05-19, 07:29
drragostea: i'm not sure how FF crashes. but the message just came out like that. does FF crash means my memory or something is not working or is it other programs that are interfering with FF?

ndmmxiaomayi: tried that... works only for a while.

ndmmxiaomayi
2008-05-19, 08:20
Tried which one? Firefox without addons or re-installing Shockwave or both?

chewdz
2008-05-19, 08:57
both. but doesnt work

drragostea
2008-05-19, 22:07
chewd, what OS are you using? How much RAM does your computer have? Perhaps a inadequate amount of RAM when browsing multiple tabs may crash Mozilla. Other than that, I can't think of any other cause. My aunt's ME runs with 64MB of RAM and it can open FF, but just in around 1/4 a minute or so.

Tell me exactly, when does FF crash? Randomly? When you start the browser?

ndmmxiaomayi
2008-05-20, 06:19
Did you use the latest installer from Adobe?

chewdz
2008-05-20, 08:43
drragostea: i am using Windows 2000 Pro with 521MB of ram. FF gave me the message whenever i am running a shockwave application online(only when i am using it halfway) and had to close down.

ndmmxiaomayi: probably i did not get the latest version of shockwave. i'll try again.

drragostea
2008-05-20, 23:16
Hrm. You said the Shockwaveplayer... Is it a dated version? Also, by any chance do you have the "Adobe Flash Player Plug-in"? It is required to play "flash" animations. Like those colorful ads on webpages :). However... can FF work, like does it browse with no problem when the Shockwave is not active? Like Security Warrior said you may have a dated version.

FF works fine even with 64MB of RAM. So I believe that RAM shouldn't be a problem.

I don't use Shockwave as I do play online games. :funny:

chewdz
2008-05-27, 11:36
i cant seem to install the latest version of shockwave because of the following message as shown in the attachment. i had this message when i install the shockwave player 11 and tested it on an online shockwave games website. however, i cant seem to know the problem... help pls...

Tom.K
2008-05-27, 19:32
It seems that GetSystemWow64DirectoryA is not supported in Win2K.
A thread from Adobe forums about this problem:
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=44&catid=185&threadid=1335540&enterthread=y

chewdz
2008-05-28, 14:41
i could not access the link of the webpage that u have put in your post. any ways to solve this problem?

chewdz
2008-05-28, 15:13
went into the site that is given. not much help there as many people also did not receive help even though they submitted their problems to Adobe support. someone help please....