PDA

View Full Version : script errors

Nicholas55
2008-05-19, 09:18
Hi,

I recently downloaded windows .net framework 3.5... didn't like the way my computer performed and used "system restore," to go back to better times.

Now I no longer have the ability to restore anything, cannot open any thing that's downloadable... not even windows media player... "Windows Media Player has encountered a problem and needs to close blah blah blah." I cannot send e-mail, I've sent a couple but don't know if they left for their destination because the sent folder doesn't register an e-mail sent... and a host of other things.

All I get is script errors every where I go... "Internet Explorer Script Error, "An error has occurred in the script on this page," "Error in loading DLL." "Do you wish to continue running scripts on this page? Yes or No." Who the heck writes this stuff? "Do you want to continue running scripts... Yes or No?" It's as if there's someone in there asking you these superfluous questions... why not add maybe and make it a troika. How the heck do I know what I want to do? I'm a total novice at this and you're asking me what would I like to do... whew! I'd like to be in Miami Beach enjoying the beach, that's what I'd like to do.

I've gone the whole/complete microsoft IE troubleshoot script error IE 6 solution route to no avail... I run WXP with MSN Premium. Cannot do copy/paste... nor can I print coupons etc., it's the wife thing with that... did you get me any coupons honey? Ahhh, why no honey, they're not giving any out this week.

Please help if you can... I've been pulling my hair out since this happened and I'm down to only a few left... not to mention the wife with the coupons, oh boy!

Thanks,
Nicholas55

tashi
2008-05-20, 17:54
Hello,

Hi,
I recently downloaded windows .net framework 3.5... didn't like the way my computer performed and used "system restore," to go back to better times.

Did you look in ADD/REMOVE Programs to see if .NET Framework 3.5 is listed, using System Restore may not have been the best way to go. :lip:

I run WXP with MSN Premium.
Which Service Pack is on XP?

Regards.