PDA

View Full Version : Im really hacked off

aussie123
2008-06-06, 13:17
Hi, I picked a virus normal security rubbish which turned my screen red and imbedded the security logo, after much pfaffing around I got rid of it using both spybot and AGV antivirus, and system restore,however.....My computer screen is now white, and when I try to change it, I can change the background colour of the desktop icons (ie internet explorer- adobe photoshop etc) but not the full screen background colour, when I log on it shows the desert scene I chose for around 1-2 seconds, and then flips into the desktop icons and white background, likewise when I shutdown it throws up the desert scene again
as it shuts down, and lastly, when I tried to use (system restore) to go back
to another good working date I can only go back to the last two days of the preceeding month, no further, it says you can set your own restore date
but I do not know how to do it as the box states to give a description, which I assumed was a day date and year, but it doesnt do anything just wants to go to one of the last three days of last month.
Any help please
Aussie

tashi
2008-06-06, 16:20
Hello,

Hi, I picked a virus normal security rubbish which turned my screen red and imbedded the security logo, after much pfaffing around I got rid of it using both spybot and AGV antivirus, and system restore,

System restore should not be used to try and remove malware. Doing so destroys the last known good restore point, however the infection will remain.

Did you use any tools (fixes) other than the normal scanning programs.

A desktop such as you have described can indicate such.

Best regards.

aussie123
2008-06-06, 16:35
Thank you for your comment, the computer s operating normally now except for the white screen, and I am no expert like some, we all make mistakes, so I am hoping someone out there can assist me to get the colour back. thank you.
aussie

tashi
2008-06-06, 16:37
Hello,

Did you use any tools (fixes) other than the normal scanning programs.

I will send you to our malware removal forum for an analysis, however first please let us know if you used any tools. :)

Thanks.