PDA

View Full Version : RPC server Unavailable

Watsonica
2008-06-24, 07:22
On my laptop..I can't get it to print to my printer anymore? Does anyone know how to correct this?

Watsonica
2008-06-27, 12:58
Found the problem:

RUNDLL

Error loading C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~1\bar\1.bin\MWSBAR.DLL

The specified module could not be found.

^^^^ THAT..is one nasty thing to get rid of..took me a week to do it but the reason I couldn't get rid of it-Spybot was running in the background and putting it BACK every time I removed it lol, even though it also recognized it as a threat!..

Even though I finally got the printer functions to work properly again (whole nother story-that one) I still kept getting that error message.

I had to disable Spybot from the start up list and THEN remove (uninstall) the MYWEBS bar, otherwise it kept coming back.

When I tried removing it before Spybot was hidden behind a window and I couldn't see it denying the request. damn I'm tired lol.

drragostea
2008-06-28, 05:00
Sorry for not replying earlier, Gem. I'm unfamiliar about this "RPC Server", but from some bits of info at Google...

I concluded that there might be malware still lurking in your PC that has not been purged. How's it going in the Malware Forums for you?

Watsonica
2008-06-28, 05:37
Sorry for not replying earlier, Gem. I'm unfamiliar about this "RPC Server", but from some bits of info at Google...

I concluded that there might be malware still lurking in your PC that has not been purged. How's it going in the Malware Forums for you?

Hi Eric:), The initial problem I was having was with the desktop PC but Shaba fixed all of that for me:present:....this was a problem with the laptop that's hooked to the PC by a wireless.

Naturally I used the same tools on the laptop to get rid of its viruses too after Shaba fixed everything on the DeskPC...the Laptop had even MORE viruses though and one called MyWEBSbar, a toolbar or something that was nearly impossible to delete, I was finally able to suss it out though and the Laptop is clean too thanks to this forum.:)

It did have me goin through hoops for a while though lol..thanks:)

drragostea
2008-06-28, 05:43
So can I assume that your PC and labtop is purged of the malware?

The entry in post #2 sounded malicious. :sad:

Make sure to secure your Wi-fi connection with WEP or WPA2. You don't want strangers performing illegal activities or draining your bandwidth.
--
Just a recap of what those mumble jumble WEP and WPA2 is:
http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=206193&postcount=12
--

Watsonica
2008-06-28, 06:18
So can I assume that your PC and labtop is purged of the malware?

The entry in post #2 sounded malicious. :sad:

Make sure to secure your Wi-fi connection with WEP or WPA2. You don't want strangers performing illegal activities or draining your bandwidth.
--
Just a recap of what those mumble jumble WEP and WPA2 is:
http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=206193&postcount=12
--

OH ya, both are clean now..but ya..the laptop had 6 Trojans in it which I finally got rid of. I don't know what a WEP or WPA2 is?

I know that when I put Comodo firewall on both machines a balloon popped up from Commodo saying a private network was trying to connect and that it was safe? So I ok'd it on both machines thinking they were "talking" to each other or trying to establish a connection. How do I find out if it's someone I don't know?:red: Just saw your link lol, I'll check it out.:bigthumb:

drragostea
2008-06-28, 06:34
Check out the link. It would prove much good.

-.- Wow, 6 trojans.

Yea, about Comodo Pro. :P I use it because of it aced the firewall leak test. Quite the best one out there, for now.

Yikes. I remember it warned me about the private network. However, I allowed it, but did not connect to it because I was not sharing a printer or anything.