PDA

View Full Version : spyzooker rip off

duncanning
2008-06-26, 12:37
After reading up on spyzooker, the 100% garentee,24/7 help etc etc i would like to know if anyone else has been ripped off.

It all sounded too good to be true, my home pc was infected with malware and troshans (i cant spell). so i thought the $30 £15 quid was money well spent.

I registered with spyzooker via blue penguin software, paid the money by paypal and this is what i recived.

Hi duncan,
Thank you for buying SpyZooka. In the next week I will send you some helpful emails to help you setup SpyZooka. For now simply follow the directions below to register SpyZooka...
Please download SpyZooka here: www.spyzooka.com/download
Please follow these directions:
1. Open SpyZooka
2. Click the red underlined link at the top of SpyZooka
3. Highlight your unique code with your mouse > right click with your mouse and choose 'Copy' > put your cursor into the unique code field in SpyZooka, right click with your mouse and click 'Paste'
4. Follow those same directions to copy/paste your serial number. 5. After you have both your codes entered click 'Register' Please note: if you bought SpyZooka for multiple computers you will use the same license on all your computers. If after your SpyZooka scan you have any spyware symptoms like: a slower computer, popups, slower internet connection, unwantedtray bar icons, being redirected to sites you don't want to go to, and/or unwanted toolbars. Please follow these directions:
1. Open SpyZooka
2. Click “Start Scan”
3. After the scan is complete you are forwarded to the SpyZooka Results screen. In the Results screen click the “Scan Report” tab
4. Enter your name and email address and click “Send Report”
We are here 24/7 to help you.
Regards,
Carl HaugenPresident
BluePenguin Software Inc.
676 W Pullman
Dr #122Moscow,
Idaho 83843

that was on monday. it is now thursday and i still have not recieved my registration codes.
I have emailed them 7 times from three different sorces with all my details and a copy of the above email.

they have taken my money and sent me a useless email.

I feel ripped off
anyone had the same?
what can i do?

thanks
Dunk

(m/f)
2008-06-27, 11:59
Hi duncanning!

I have checked the program SpyZooka by Blue Penguin Software and I have found nothing suspicious except your report. The software is able to find spyware on the system and may remove it when you have registered it.
Since obtaining the registration code is the problem I would suggest you enter your e-mail at hxxp://www.spyzooka.com/support.php at if this should not help to solve this problem, you should try to claim your money back and use a free spyware scanner like Spybot S&D.

In any case, please write down your experiences in this forum. Thank you.

Yours, (m/f)

drragostea
2008-06-28, 04:06
Hm. I'm skeptical.

What caught my attention was the... features... it sounded like "aggressive" advertisement. Like it's trying to boast it's features. I don't like is that...

"We use a complex algorithm to detect and remove only spyware."
"# SpyZooka is recommended by computer experts worldwide.
# Detects, removes and blocks all types of spyware and adware threats."

100% guarantee? Complex? All types? Blocked?

Sorry, if I sound like I'm flaming... just that it [to me] promotes a sense of paranoia.

Apologies for hijacking. Just wanted to express personal opinions. Please continue.

(m/f)
2008-06-30, 10:37
Hm. I'm skeptical.

Me too. But the program as such does not reveal anything supicious. It detected less products than Spybot during tests, but that is not a crime. :cool:

drragostea
2008-06-30, 18:11
It detected less products than Spybot during tests, but that is not a crime. :cool:

Less, hm? Does it reveal any false positives? Any resident shields.

The email from post one seems like an automated message. It couldn't be a forged one.

Even if there wasn't anything suspicious about the program itself, there may be something fishy with the business practices. It's been a week or more already.

I got some images on Google images and some review on AdwareReport (which I don't trust since it promotes some rogue malware programs). A Full Scan in 2 minutes. Even VirusHeat does better than this.

Of course, (m/f) I believe you. Just not sure and uncertain if this rogue or not. SpywareWarrior's site doesn't show any signs of it either.

Didn't like the way how programs make you pay before usage.

tashi
2008-06-30, 18:54
Of course, (m/f) I believe you. Just not sure and uncertain if this rogue or not. SpywareWarrior's site doesn't show any signs of it either.
Because duncanning first typed 'SpyZooker' instead of 'Spyzooka'. ;)

Note on Spyzooka: Spyzooka was listed on this page because of concerns with false positives and the nature of its detections. In early March 2005, a new version of Spyzooka was released. Testing with this new version indicates that the problems with earlier versions have been satisfactorily resolved. Thus, we can no longer consider Spyzooka to be "rogue/suspect" anti-spyware. Domains: spyzooka.com
[A: 1-13-05 / U: 3-11-05]
Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products & Web Sites (http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm)

Regardless, unfortunately that list has not been updated in a long time so I take it as a guideline only and not definitive, until/if, it is.

Last Updated: May 4, 2007

drragostea
2008-06-30, 19:00
Quite some time. Sorry tashi. I was too quick.

I mistyped it. Thanks for the correction.

BluePenguin15
2008-07-01, 01:07
Hi Dunk,

We offer 24/7 support via our help desk at
http://www.spyzooka.com/support.php

You can type your email address in that box and get your registration code instantly.

You can also reach us at contact AT spyzooka DOT com

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Regards,

Carl Haugen

drragostea
2008-07-01, 01:27
I've sent duncanning a PM ASAP.

pcusingfoo
2009-01-26, 06:56
"We offer 24/7 support via our help desk at..."

Interesting. Wasn't 24/7 last night. Submitted a message before going to bed and the first response was ~10 hours later. Another exchange and it still took hours for a second response. So 24/7 is still part time, or at least it was yesterday.

And all of this was prior to purchasing anything. After spending many hours reviewing, researching, and comparing programs, I am now left leery of using this one. My initial thoughts were quite favorable until I started digging further, and finding negative reviews and reports from multiple sources. I am left feeling that I will not get my money's worth and may even be losing out beyond that if I purchase the product.