PDA

View Full Version : Help to reverse Teatimer decision

sooty99
2008-07-01, 10:46
Whilst surfing the internet, Spybot reported change in System Startup global entry. The message was-

Category: System start up global entry
Change: Valu change

Entry: BMcbfb7f74

Old data: Rundll32.exe "C:\Windows\system32\cchll....
New data: Rundll32.exe "C\Windows\system32\hsgn...

I clicked Remember decision and Denied the change.

Now, whenever Teatimer is resident it continually flashes up messages relating to this change.

Teatimer appears to be so busy I cannot access the files to reverse my original decision. I have tried lowering the process priority to no avail.

Can anyone advise other ways to correct this situation.

Thanks

drragostea
2008-07-01, 11:17
sooty:
--
In TeaTimer 1.5:

If you check "Remember this decision" on a registry change, the information concerning that change it is stored in a file. TeaTimer uses that information to automatically "Allow" or "Deny" similar registry changes for all future changes. To edit that information: Right click on the TeaTimer system tray icon (labeled "Spybot-SD Resident") and select Settings. This will bring up TeaTimer's "White & Black List". There are four (4) Buttons across the top of the "White & Black List":
Allowed registry changes
Blocked registry changes
Allowed processes
Blocked processes
You can review all the entries that you have stored by clicking on these buttons. If entries you are interested in are for registry changes, the entries that you should review are in "Allowed registry changes" and "Blocked registry changes". You can delete stored entries by clicking on the scripted black "X" to the right of the entry that you want to delete, answering "Yes" to the confirmation dialog and then clicking the "OK" button when you're done.
--

To reverse this change, find the "rundll32" entry in BLOCKED PROCESSES and double click on the red X. This will undo the change.

This should have been posted in Spybot Forums not the Tavern. :santa:

sooty99
2008-07-01, 12:38
Thanks for your response.

Before posting I had tried to follow the procedure yo have decribed, but Teatimer appears to be so busy putting out messages that it proved impossible to get to these commands.

Any other solutions other than not use teatimer?

Thanks

drragostea
2008-07-01, 12:57
Well it depends on user decision: Security vs. Resources.

You have two choices, you can either disable TeaTimer or reverse your decision using my instructions above.

My suggestion to resolve this problem is to use the instructions when the PC is at low activity. Any programs that might be running during that time, sooty?

Simple. Right click on the TeaTimer icon on the taskbar and click on SETTINGS.

Find the entry under BLOCKED PROCESSES. Double click on the red X.