PDA

View Full Version : Question about the registry

church
2008-07-13, 04:33
Any time i run a scan on my PC that involves scanning the Registry my PC reboots, it does it with reg cleaners, some adware removal programs, some anti-virus programs and it also does it during windows update... i dont know why this is happening or how to stop it, its been like that for over a year :sad:

2008-07-13, 05:05
needs repaired. Not reinstalled, but repaired. Use your windows disk, restart the computer with the windows disk in the cd drive, and then select repair. :bigthumb:

Note: repair will not cause you to lose any data, you will not have to reinstall your programs. Uninstalling or formatting will delete everything, and that would fix it as well, just make sure all your programs and data can be put back on. Make sure you have backed up your data if your going to do that.

church
2008-07-13, 14:25
well u see, thats where i have another problem, i bought this PC a long time ago and for some odd reason i never got a windows disk with it. XP was already installed. It has been partitioned into 3 drives, C: , D:(backup) and E:(Recover) .... any ideas ?

Terminator
2008-07-13, 17:50
If your copy of Windows was Pre-Installed then there should some sort of recovery option in either the BIOS or during start up. My computer (HP machine with Vista Home Premium Pre-Installed) has a screen at the start of the boot up sequence with various Recovery options on it.

2008-07-14, 01:05
try recovery and look for a way to recover your system. Make sure you backup your data before you do the system recovery.

church
2008-07-14, 04:26
ok found windows xp disc, i put it in and chose repair and it opens up Windows Recovery Console .... and i,m lost again, i have no clue what to do there to fix the registry problem :sad: