PDA

View Full Version : do you wish there could be more avatars here?

blues
2008-07-13, 14:44
i wish there could be more avatars to choose from on this forum, there is mostly penguins here and that is great for they who like that avatars, but how about having more categories and maybe more of the others? but this does not mean that i will use them, it depends on how the avatars is.

tashi
2008-07-13, 17:56
Hello blues,

Until recently we did not have an avatar option for members.

Please see: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=12050

At the moment the package offered is the one available for this board's software. :)

Best regards.

blues
2008-07-13, 18:07
Hello blues,

Until recently we did not have an avatar option for members.

Please see: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=12050

At the moment the package offered is the one available for this board's software. :)

Best regards.

i think it is fun with such a poll anyway, and i hope it will not be closed, and that it still will be allowed to vote:)

drragostea
2008-07-13, 21:25
The Linux avatars are alright. Though I would be better to upload them ourselves, however, for security reasons the WebMaster restricts that.

How did you make it into a poll anyways, blues?

blues
2008-07-13, 21:28
make it into a poll? how i made the poll? it will not be so good to use avatars linked from malicious sites.

drragostea
2008-07-13, 21:29
Well, that would be why the Webmaster restricts that.

What I mean was that, how did you turn a ordinary thread into a poll thread?

blues
2008-07-13, 21:41
click on the "Yes, post a poll with this thread" button under the post you make.

drragostea
2008-07-13, 21:54
Oh, I see. Didn't realize that.

KillahSam
2008-07-14, 05:02
How can an image file, more than likely is probably going to be around 700kb or less be a security issue?

Restrict it to jpeg only or something, and deny gif. You can also set it to auto size the file even.

Tom.K
2008-07-14, 19:15
It's confusing that you can't upload a jpg picture, but if you upload a bmp/png/gif picture of larger resolution, the picture will be transformed into a jpeg.

It could be nice if avatars are named by a picture (for example, my current avatar: Link (Green) ) instead of numbers.