PDA

View Full Version : Boot CD?

Apadana
2008-07-30, 17:05
To reinstall a Microsoft Program the instructions first starts out: Put CD in and boot the computer while I am on the Internet. Why is this necessary? Is this possible if you're on dial-up because wouldn't you lose the connection?

Thank you,
Apadana

drragostea
2008-07-30, 17:39
What is the program about?

It depends on the dial-up connection. Some ISP's give you unlimited dial-up connection, others charge you by the minute, and some disconnect you after a certain amount of time (say 4 hours). However, if there is something to download, like the program itself, then be prepared for some waiting time.

Apadana
2008-07-30, 18:58
What is the program about?

It depends on the dial-up connection. Some ISP's give you unlimited dial-up connection, others charge you by the minute, and some disconnect you after a certain amount of time (say 4 hours). However, if there is something to download, like the program itself, then be prepared for some waiting time.

Hi drragostea,
I should first asked how to boot a CD? I am familiar with rebooting the computer but not boot. Please, explain.

Thank you,
Apadana

drragostea
2008-07-30, 19:11
Rebooting or just booting the computer would be just restarting the PC or turning it on. Booting from a CD would be simply more to load the contents inside the CD. It would just as simple to just place the CD in the CD Drive (usually D:\).

Apadana
2008-07-30, 19:26
Rebooting or just booting the computer would be just restarting the PC or turning it on. Booting from a CD would be simply more to load the contents inside the CD. It would just as simple to just place the CD in the CD Drive (usually D:\).

Dear drragostea,
You guys have a lot patience with computer challenged people like me.

Gratefully,
Apadana

drragostea
2008-07-30, 22:11
Guys=plural.

I'm only one person :laugh:. When you need help, we're (drragostea plus Forums) is here. :cowboy: