PDA

View Full Version : Windows Events for Changing Access rights to a folder or a File

mobi_khan
2008-08-05, 08:46
Hi guyz,

Please help me out. I wanted to know that can we get events in case of a user changes the access rights of a folder or a file and in case if a user adds any new file or folder in a parent folder??

I have seen that in the Audit option windows provide these facilities but in real I am not getting any alert about these, I have deployed GFI Event Manager but only alert I get is about "Take Ownership attempt" and this event generates even if a user access the priperties of the folder. But I do not get any alert form GFI if change the access rights of the folder or file or even if I create a new file or folder.

Can anyone help me in this regard.

Grundgütiger
2008-08-07, 15:29
You want to get a notice if a user is changeing the access rights of a folder, right? I think you should think about the general issue and how to solve it best. Why to grand an user the general permission to change access rights? I dont know how you specially want to use win user and rights system but isnt there a user or usergroup which have the permission to change rights and at the other side those, wich cant? Do you want Spybot teatimer to alert you, if someone change the rights of a local folder through ethernet?