PDA

View Full Version : search for specific spyware?

mlevin
2006-03-26, 17:42
If I believe (or know) that I have a specific piece of spyware or want to search just a specific area of my drive, is there any way I can get Spybot to look for just that item and not go through its whole list (which can take a long time)?

If I know Spybot can remove a particular thing, sometimes I just want to get that thing removed quickly and then run a full scan later.

Also, is there any current/frequently-updated list of the spyware that Spybot knows about? If I know that a computer I'm trying to clean has some particular piece of spyware, it would be nice to know up front if Spybot is going to be able to help me.

Thanks

md usa spybot fan
2006-03-26, 18:46
I don't particularly agree with your planned methodology to scan for malware, but in any case.

Go into Spybot > Mode > Advance mode (answer "Yes" to the Warning message if received) > Settings > Ignore products. Right click on the list of products and choose "Select all". You have just eliminated the scan of all products. Now review the list and uncheck the products that you want to scan for. When done scan your system.

The list of all updates is here:
Updates – The home of Spybot – S&D!
http://www.spybot.info/en/updatehistory/index.html