PDA

View Full Version : Teatimer Popups illegible

bigrabbit
2006-03-27, 22:37
When making needed changes teatimer popups appear but are illegible. I think I know what they should say but when I click on them it denies changes. Tried to unload teatimer but when I click resident in tools I get an error message that says text exceeds memory.
Any ideas of how to proceed would be appreciated.
Thanks

md usa spybot fan
2006-03-27, 23:59
There is currently a bug in TeaTimer 1.4. Portions of TeaTimer's popup dialog overlay the "Allow change" and "Deny change" buttons. On my system the very top edges of the "Allow change" and "Deny change" buttons are showing and I am still able to select the options. I also can check "Remember this decision" since it is visible. If no portion of the "Allow change" and "Deny change" buttons are showing, you can answer TeaTimer's popup dialog (English language version) by pressing "A" on your keyboard for "Allow change" or "D" for "Deny change". Note: If you close the dialog without answering "Allow change" or "Deny change" the registry change is denied.

If you can't deal with the problem that way until it is fixed, you can:
Apply one of the workarounds found in the following pinned (Sticky) thread that fixes the pop-up dialog so the buttons are visible:
Solution to fix the pop-ups in TeaTimer
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=122
Disable TeaTimer as follows:
Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Resident.
Uncheck the following:Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) Active.

To take care of the "Text exceeds memo capacity" click on the "Archive log" button and Spybot will create a Resident.yymmdd-hhmm.log file and clear the current log. The next time TeaTimer has logging activity a new Resident.log will be created.

If you ever have to refer to the old log, the Resident.yymmdd-hhmm.log and Resident.log file are located in one of the following folders:
Windows 95 or 98:
C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows ME:
C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows NT, 2000 or XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs

bigrabbit
2006-03-28, 23:18
Thanks for the assistance,
I have successfully corrected the issue with the decision popups!!!:D

I will now attempt the "text exceeds mem issue"

Thanks once again:bigthumb:

bigrabbit
2006-03-28, 23:51
:bigthumb:
Many thanks to you sir!!!
Issues seem to be happily resolved.
Your instructions were quite easy to follow and that is quite a relief to a novice.
Thanks again:D

md usa spybot fan
2006-03-29, 01:01
You're welcome. Glad to have been able to help!

And thank you!

Many thanks to you sir!!!
I don't think I have ever been Knighted before.

If you need more help, just holler.