PDA

View Full Version : Spammy site using Spybot name in Google Adwords

Cady36
2008-08-27, 01:01
I just searched for download spybot on Google and got this ad:

Spy|Bot - Free Download
www.spybotdownload.org Spy|Bot is the #1 HackWare Stopper! Spy|Bot has Free Download & Scan.

All that site does is say how awful spybot is to try to sell you another program. It's the number one ad link that comes up when you search for Google.

It says: Effectivenes: Awful; Reputation: Stay Away!

Google doesn't allow someone to use your registered trademark if you complain. If you complain, Google will remove the ads. (YOU, the trademark holder, have to complain, though - otherwise I'd do it for you.)

Julie

tashi
2008-08-27, 01:23
Thank you for the heads up Cady36. :) I wiil give this information to our office.

It is not so easy to nail deception, for instance:
C-NetMedia Deceptive Practices
http://www.benedelman.org/news/021408-1.html

Cady36
2008-08-27, 01:59
No prob. I advertise on Google and trust me, they are really strict about trademark violation - lol - as long as you complain.

http://www.google.com/tm_complaint_adwords.html

That's the link that you go to...you can fill it out for all uses of "SpyBot" in Google ads, but you probably want to start just with the ad shown. People are allowed to use it in their keywords, they just aren't allowed to use it in their ads.

There's nothing like Spybot - spammy, scammy companies shouldn't be allowed to take advantage of you that way.

Julie

CatLver44
2008-08-27, 10:47
Hi I just joined Spybot(just as Cady36 did). And Actually found that site to be very helpful, as I wouldn't have found spybot software. The funny thing is, It seems to me that Cady, whoever it is, just signed up to try and hose her google competition. I could be wrong, but serioulsy, could you be any more obvious? I should do what you did and post a complaint link to try and get you banned. Tashi, I wouldn't waste your time with Cady36, or believe a word she says.

Sandee

tashi
2008-08-27, 17:19
I could be wrong, ......

:yes: