PDA

View Full Version : Firefox???!!!

labrescuens
2008-09-02, 04:48
I've rid myself of my malware (I believe) thanks to the fantastic spybot team. But now for some reason my firefox browser will not open. It says it is already running to shut the other one down or restart my computer. I have shut down, restarted, uninstalled, restarted, reinstalled, restarted and STILL! ARGH! I can't get IE to download flashplayer 9 as it's running "with add-ons disabled" and I can't seem to fix that either. Sigh I'm a mess anyone have any ideas.

Trish :red:

Zenobia
2008-09-02, 08:25
For Firefox,please see if anything here helps:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_in_use

labrescuens
2008-09-03, 02:43
Thank you :rolleyes: I read that page but I was afraid to delete the profile that was there. It was an empty folder. So I took a deep breath and DELETED!! And presto it asked if I wanted to import from IE and now it works. It always makes me nervous that darned delete key. You just never know!! Now I can check when hell's kitchen is coming on :eek: I couldn't get onto Fox with IE as it runs "with add ons disabled" and I can't get it to change. sigh I'm so glad there are smarter peole than me!!

Zenobia
2008-09-03, 08:16
It always makes me nervous that darned delete key. You just never know!!

Me,too.I once had the same problem you were having,and I was nervous doing it too. :)

In IE 7,could you go to Tools-->Internet Options -->Programs-->Manage Add-Ons?Is that grayed out?