PDA

View Full Version : Which Instant Messenger(s) you use?

Tom.K
2008-09-05, 22:06
This is the same thing as a poll for browsers, but it's about Instant Messengers. Here are the main ones:
Windows Messenger
Windows Live Messenger
Google Talk
Yahoo! Messenger
MSN Messenger
Miranda IM
Pidgin

blues
2008-09-05, 22:15
i dont use any, but i have the old windows messenger. can i vote for that one anyway? i mean since this is the tavern.

maybe we should fill the tavern with polls:laugh:

i guess not:oops:

polls are fun:bigthumb:

edit: since you didnt answer i voted on three, i was thinking about using two of them....

honda12
2008-09-05, 23:09
I usually use Windows Live Messenger, but I am increasingly starting to use Digsby (digsby.com), which combines alot of things in (email, IMs, social networks)

Talking of Digsby, I just happened to write a blog post on it :laugh:
http://forums.spybot.info/blog.php?b=17

tashi
2008-09-05, 23:09
AIM is a popular IM. ;)

2008-09-05, 23:35
where is aim?!?!?! ;)

md usa spybot fan
2008-09-06, 00:07
Tom.K:

You didn't include "None" as an option in your poll.

drragostea
2008-09-06, 01:26
I have distaste toward AIM 6.x because it promotes a toolbar (Ask.com, if I'm correct).

I use Trillian. Sad thing is that, profiles are rendered in plain text.

Tom.K
2008-09-06, 20:19
I couldn't add so many of them (including none, 10 maximum).
Maybe I could add one more poll with same name and adding "#2", but then I think that there will be some possible problems.

2008-09-08, 03:52
I have distaste toward AIM 6.x because it promotes a toolbar (Ask.com, if I'm correct).

I use Trillian. Sad thing is that, profiles are rendered in plain text.

as i like it better :)

bitman
2008-09-08, 17:19
I'm with the "None" group, which is probably going to be a trend around here.

In general, I think the IM thing has moved to cell phone texting for most, since it's rather boring for most on the PC. The most common use I've seen is with sales people while at work, since they like to keep multiple channels open.

When it's used, it tends to be a clique based chioce, since the whole point is usually keeping in touch with some select group. This highly distorts the choice, since those starting the clique generally define the client used.

I used to have the MSN Messenger enabled for a while, but even then I never really used it because the couple people I knew using it weren't any more interested than I. We tended to want to reach a wider audience so we either used email or our forums. IM is too limiting to be useful, unless you don't have a phone available or often 'talk' internationaly.

Bitman

ght1
2008-09-08, 19:46
ICQ because all my friends have ICQ :popcorn: