PDA

View Full Version : t-timer is working great

wyrmrider
2008-09-16, 01:58
I recently unintalled BO Clean, tried the free Spyware Doctor and now have T-timer activated
before that there was a long period of pest-patrol free then Counterspy 1.5 for real time protection
I do not see any problems with t-timer, no slowdowna, nothing
I just turned it on NO beta version no nothing
seems to be working great!
I am currently running 98SE with 512mb ram which could help
if there is any slowness it is masked by Avast :)
Scotty in on patrol, MVPS hosts, SD-Helper I.E. tweeks, Immunize
I was not happy when t-timer nuked my registry cleaner but we'll get that sorted out
Has anyone compared the new t-timer with BO-Clean and SpywareGuard?
another question came up yesterday on the AVast forum concerning using
T-timer, SG and SPyware Terminator for Real time protection and possible slowing
there is going to be some overlap but is one not necessary?

blues
2008-09-16, 11:09
i dont know about teatimer as i dont use it and dont like it either, but i am almost sure that spywareguard is not needed when you have winpatrol.
boclean can be run together with most programs i think and it has features that teatimer and spywareguard doesnt have, you have probably seen the boclean configuration

http://images.snapfiles.com/screenfiles/boclean.gif

it has automatic cleanup of different things and you can disable the flashing of the traybar icon.
i wish that the animated traybar icon in teatimer also should be optional.

in 2003 i tested spywareguard against different malware. it sucessfully stopped one of the toolbars/bhos but it wasnt able to stop the other one and spywareguard continued to ask many times if i wanted to stop it but it was impossible to stop it with spywareguard.

i will not recommend spywareguard because other programs does a better job than spywareguard does and they are also more powerfull and has more features. but spywareguard is easy to use.

i run boclean, "comodo firewall" with defence+ and antivir, i use antivir with all the extended threat categories activated other than games, jokes and unusual runtime compression. that is all the resident i have but i am thinking of adding winpatrol but i dont know if it can be used together with defence+

drragostea
2008-09-17, 01:28
BoClean, Comodo Pro, &TeaTimer served me well. It was enough. I felt CounterSpy hasn't cleanup it's act of it's updates (that took forever;100MB?).

Even though SpywareGuard may not be updated, it still serves users good. md usa spybot fan told me in one thread, that it doesn't matter whether SG was updated years ago, but that it serves it's main purpose... to prevent hijacking.
-
Thing is that I've tried it again on Windows XP SP3 and it crashed on me.

BOCLEAN and TeaTimer should have no problems co-existing. However, I might have some doubts with SG and SpywareTerminator. They are both real-time.
-
I still have some distastes toward Scotty even though I've purchased it. Bill P. claimed Scotty to be detecting in real-time (the millisecond something is modified), however it didn't. TeaTimer prompted first and minutes later, Scotty prompted even though it's Real-time was enabled.

wyrmrider, you have a decent configuration. Good.
http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=235277&postcount=259

wyrmrider
2008-09-17, 09:38
working on a 32bit vista loptop with sd-helper, windows defender
would t-timer be compatible?, BO CLEAN
user is not a geek and I need something SIMPLE{
[he could handle the update requirements of Spywareguard}

blues
2008-09-17, 18:17
I still have some distastes toward Scotty even though I've purchased it. Bill P. claimed Scotty to be detecting in real-time (the millisecond something is modified), however it didn't. TeaTimer prompted first and minutes later, Scotty prompted even though it's Real-time was enabled. i dont understand why winpatrol is so slow to react, it was slow to me to. but boclean is lightning fast, it detected this one fast http://www.grc.com/lt/leaktest.htm and asked if i wanted to delete the file. but boclean can not be compared to winpatrol because winpatrol is a system monitor and boclean uses signatures, i dont know if boclean uses heuristics though. boclean is also easy to use.

i think teatimer and windows defender can be used together but i am not sure.

drragostea
2008-09-18, 01:16
Comodo's BoClean and TeaTimer are compatible. Same goes for Windows Defender.

BoClean prompted me on some of the LeakTest applications too.

wyrmrider
2008-09-20, 18:39
thanks dragg

Blue
what is the defense+ portion of comodo firewall?
I just installed Comodo firewall on Vista laptop and could not redly tell which option was Clam AV or the BHO toolbar

this machine has only 1 meg and is evidently doing some swapping after going from XP firewall to comodo
so I need to slim it down and get some more memory

BTW does spybot change any cookie policies?
This vista laptop was blocking Wells Fargo Bank because cookies were no longer enabled and we did not change that

2008-09-21, 00:28
Comodo's BoClean and TeaTimer are compatible. Same goes for Windows Defender.

BoClean prompted me on some of the LeakTest applications too.

Um, were you saying windows defender does not work with teatimer? Windows defender works completely fine for me alongside teatimer. I have no issues. Windows defender and teatimer are my residents for antispyware and work great together. :) I don't know if thats what you meant, but in any case, thats just my experience. :)

drragostea
2008-09-21, 02:20
129260, you have misunderstood. Spybot-Search&Destroy's TeaTimer, BoClean, and Microsoft Windows Defender are all compatible with each other. They can co-exist in other words. There should be no problems.
-
@wyrmrider, I'm not sure what you mean by "cookie policies", but what I can tell you is that Spybot-Search&Destroy does not intervene with browsing sessions nor does it "block" cookies (except that bad ones, with Spybot's passive Immunization feature).

2008-09-22, 03:28
129260, you have misunderstood. Spybot-Search&Destroy's TeaTimer, BoClean, and Microsoft Windows Defender are all compatible with each other. They can co-exist in other words. There should be no problems.
-
@wyrmrider, I'm not sure what you mean by "cookie policies", but what I can tell you is that Spybot-Search&Destroy does not intervene with browsing sessions nor does it "block" cookies (except that bad ones, with Spybot's passive Immunization feature).

i thought you were saying they were not compatible. looks like i misread :) :oops: