PDA

View Full Version : Recovery not working?

DJ_Bach
2006-04-19, 05:04
Just started using Spybot S&D. After checking for problems, some red items (cookies) show up and I use the fix problem button to remove them. However, when I go to Recovery, there is no record of these removed items. They're totally gone, nothing to recover. I uninstalled and then installed Spybot and still have the same problem.

Anyone have a clue why the recover function is not working?

Thanks....

md usa spybot fan
2006-04-19, 06:17
Spybot does not create recovery files for "Tracking cookies" and some other minor items. The storing of other recovery files is controlled by settings within Spybot that are normally checked by default.

Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > Settings, scroll down to Main settings and verify that the following three items are checked:
Main settings
□ …
■ Create backups of fixed spyware problems for easy recovery
■ Create backups of removed usage tracks for easy recovery
■ Create backups of fixed system internal problems for easy recovery
□ …

DJ_Bach
2006-04-19, 07:39
Thanks. I was thinking that tracking cookies was not saved in recovery. Those settings you listed are the ones I have. Since my S&D is installed today with the preset settings, do I get the same scan whether default or advanced at this point?

Also, I'm thinking about turning off the immunize function. Not sure if it helps or lessens performance.

md usa spybot fan
2006-04-19, 14:20
The default scan is the same whether you are in Default or Advanced mode. The scan can be altered by going Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > File Sets.

I personally have never heard of performance problems attributed to the use of Spybot's immunization.

DJ_Bach
2006-04-19, 15:52
Thanks for helping me to sort this out. I think I'm getting it now!