PDA

View Full Version : Ongoing Problem, help please!

errrika1979
2006-04-25, 18:02
Okay you guys, I didn't want to post anything about this, cuz I figured I'd read thru here and figure out how to fix it on my own, but I haven't been able to.

Every time I run Spybot lately, it scans just fine, finds my problems, then when I go to "Fix Selected Problems", it starts, but then freezes and stops responding. I have the newest version of Spybot, no updates are available. I've tried shutting down everything by doing a cntrl, alt, delete, and shutting down everything but explorer and systray. Still doesn't work.

I am (unfortunately) running Windws ME (borrowed the 'rents computer).

Please, I am at my wits end, and starting to get really pissed about this. I have 50 cases of "crap" that spybot is finding, but I can't GET RID OF THEM!! Anyone know what the deal is? I would appreciate any help. I'm not the most technical person, so bare with me!! =)

Erika

tashi
2006-04-25, 19:51
Hello.
Have you tried scanning in Safe Mode?

1) Reboot your computer into SafeMode by doing the following:

Restart your computer
After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, begin tapping F8.
Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode.

2) Open Spybot-S&D while still in safe mode.

Close all browsers, check for problems and fix everything found in red
Repeat until no more items are found in red

a) Close Spybot-S&D
b) Reboot back into Windows

Let us know how it goes. :)

errrika1979
2006-04-25, 20:02
Thanks for your reply!!

Yes, I did try it in safe mode. I didn't think about it till after I had posted, but yeah, tried it, and it still stops responding. :mad:

tashi
2006-04-25, 20:11
Hello.

Could you do the following so someone can take a look at the system.

BEFORE you post a log, and who will advise you. Preliminary Steps (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)
Start a topic here:
Malware Forum (http://forums.spybot.info/forumdisplay.php?f=22[/url)

Obviously you can forget the Spybot-S&D part, but please post a HJT log in the hjt forum:

Cheers.