PDA

View Full Version : SchedLgU.txt and Cookie, Cache appearing

Ducky2000
2006-04-30, 02:25
All,
I am not that proficient, I have been running Spybot for some time. Within the last week it has brought up Cache 188, IE cookies, and SchedLgU.txt (wbemess.log, winmgmt.log, wmiprov.log- all Backup files on C Drive). I am running XP SP1. Since these have popped up the scan is very short (I do not think Spybot is scanning the whole drive as it used to).

These have only recently shown up in my scans, the SchedLgU cant be fixed even when I restart (I have read about the Scheduler). Even when I have it fix the other problems when I do a scan again, they pop back up. (This seems to have started after I installed iTunes).
Totally ignorant here, any info is appreciated.
Ducky

Zenobia
2006-04-30, 06:41
It sounds to me like Spybot might be set to scan for tracks,and not set up to scan for spyware.Tracks show up as green after a scan.
Try this...open Spybot,click mode up top,then advanced mode.Click Settings on the left,then file sets.Are there a lot of things unchecked underneath Spybot-Search and Destroy Integrated search for spybots?
If so,right click somewhere in the white area.If you would like Spybot not to search for tracks anymore,select 'Spyware check only'
You can return Spybot from advanced mode to normal by clicking mode up top,then default mode.

Now I'll go find some links that explain what tracks,etc. are.

Zenobia
2006-04-30, 06:47
Here's a link explaining SchedLgU.txt:
http://www.spybot.info/en/faq/6.html

And here's a link about Tracks:
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/dictionary/usagetracks.html

Ducky2000
2006-04-30, 07:21
Thanks for the reply Zenobia. I definately want it to check for everything. I followed your directions. I just thought it was odd that my results changed all of a sudden (because I had not changed any of the settings for it). SBS&D has been a life saver in the past, and the change was just suspicious to me.

Thanks! Ducky2000

Zenobia
2006-04-30, 07:36
You're welcome. :)
I should probably mind my beeswax,but....
you said you're running Windows XP service pack 1?
Have a look here(from the Tony Klein article):
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=279

2.) Go to IE > Tools > Windows Update > Product Updates, and install ALL High-Priority Security Updates listed.
If you're running Windows XP, that of course includes the Service Pack 2! If you suspect your computer is infected with Malware of any type, we advise you to not install SP2 if you don't already have it. You can post a HijackThis log on our Forums to get free Expert help cleaning your machine. Once you are sure you have a clean system, it is highly recommended to install SP2 to help prevent against future infections.

It's important to always keep current with the latest security fixes from Microsoft.
Install those patches for Internet Explorer, and make sure your installation of Java VM is up-to-date. There are some well known security bugs with Microsoft Java VM which are exploited regularly by browser hijackers.

Just an fyi. :)