PDA

View Full Version : Immunization Database download hangs

AmanitaM
2006-05-02, 03:51
I downloaded Spybot today, and it is working. However, during the (lengthy) download of the Immunization Database, it was interrupted. I was able to resume the download, but it has been going on for 5 hours, with no end in sight. (See attachment.)

1. Can I assume I have the whole Database? Any way to check this? How do I know that the files are actually "installed"?

2. If not, what should I do to get the Immunization Database in its entirety onto my computer?

md usa spybot fan
2006-05-02, 17:15
I assume that because the red question mark was changed to a green checkmark that the file was properly downloaded and unzipped. But check to make sure.

The actual file that gets downloaded is
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Updates\clsid.zip
Using Windows Explorer, if you navigate to that file and then right click and select properties the file attributes should be:
Size: 374020
Modified: Friday, September 23, 2005 2:00:20 PM
After that file is downloaded it should be automatically unzipped to:
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\CLSIDs.sbs
Attributes:
Size: 373842
Modified: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 9:47:36 AM

pmshah
2006-05-06, 08:19
I downloaded Spybot today, and it is working. However, during the (lengthy) download of the Immunization Database, it was interrupted. I was able to resume the download, but it has been going on for 5 hours, with no end in sight. (See attachment.)

1. Can I assume I have the whole Database? Any way to check this? How do I know that the files are actually "installed"?

2. If not, what should I do to get the Immunization Database in its entirety onto my computer?

The problem is with the server. You will have to make a note of the selected server. Use Task manager to kill the S&D update process. Restart the update proccess & select a different server. This happens to me very often & this is the easiest recourse.