PDA

View Full Version : startup notifications

pfelelep
2006-05-06, 12:09
hello,

I couldn't find any similar topic so I'm starting a new one:

Actually, I've used SB to remove a few startup entries on my Win XP.
...and it works pretty good.:bigthumb:

The only thing I'd like to know is if it's possible to stop SB annoncing the blocking of those run process. I mean, each time, SB notify me he refuse the start of the processes.

Is it possible to COMPLETELY REMOVE those process (I've tried with Startuprun or Regcleaner) but SB STILL NOTIFY.

waht shall I do?

md usa spybot fan
2006-05-06, 13:40
Try refreshing TeaTimer's snapshots files.

TeaTimer takes snapshots of Registry entries and compares these with the Registry at startup. Until these snapshots are updated you are likely to get pop-ups (at startup) of changes you made in the past. In other words, TeaTimer attempts to return the Registry to the state it was in when the snapshots were taken. This happens primarily when you reboot the system. To refresh TeaTimer's snapshot files:
Right click Spybot's TeaTimer System Tray Icon > click Exit Spybot-S&D Resident.
TeaTimer closes.
TeaTimer's snapshot files are refreshed at this time.

Restart TeaTimer:
Using Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy.
Double click TeaTimer.exe to start it.

This is speculation, but I believe this behavior is because of the following:
It appears that when TeaTimer starts the snapshot files are read into memory and maintained there. The snapshot files only appear to be rewritten when TeaTimer closes. During system shutdown (or restart) it appears that TeaTimer is terminated before it has a chance to rewrite the snapshot files.

pfelelep
2006-05-06, 16:30
ok, tanks, I'll try this.
I'll keep you in touch.

pfelelep
2006-05-07, 06:17
it IS working!
Thak you very much.