PDA

View Full Version : Resident Denied! Ripping My Hair Out!

jmhhoffm
2006-05-07, 00:16
I can't take this-if it wasn't for living in a 1 story house, I probably would have jumped out a window by now. i have spent days, yes days, trying to fix this problem.
Everytime I try to Update McAfee, I get a box saying:
Registry Changes
Resident denied the change MCUpdatateExe (Catagory System Start up Gobal Entry) based on your Black list. Then I get a box from McAfee stating unable to connect to the internet, even though I do with other services like, google, email, etc.
I went into Sypbot looking for this "Black List", found directions on this Forum, but it just isn't coming up. Then I went to Tools, Resdient and get a whole long list of MCUpdateExe denied access, but then don't know what to do? Please help-I would like to allow McAfee to run all Updates. Thank you:eek: : :banghead:

md usa spybot fan
2006-05-07, 20:06
If you checked "Remember this decision" on a change the information concerning that change it is stored in a file. TeaTimer uses that information to automatically "Allow" or "Deny" changes. To edit this information:Right click on the TeaTimer system tray icon and select Settings. This will bring up TeaTimer's "White & Black List". There are four (4) Buttons across the top of the "White & Black List":

Allowed processes
Blocked processes
Allowed registry changes
Blocked registry changes

Note: If you don't see all four buttons, try expanding the window to the right.
You can review all the entries that you have stored by clicking on these buttons. The entries that you should review are in "Denied registry changes". You can delete entries by clicking on the scripted black "X" to the right of the entry that you want to delete and then clicking the "OK" button when you're done. This will in effect make TeaTimer forget what you told it to remember so that during future changes to these items TeaTimer will issue a pop-up dialog rather then just a notification pop-up.

If you can not remove the McAfee black-listed items, disable Teatimer as follows:
Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Resident[LIST]
Uncheck (if checked) the following:
Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) Active.