PDA

View Full Version : aliens invaded and left dispair

stillh2o
2006-05-07, 20:41
Thank you Spybot for helping me to get rid of some spyware/adware. Sad to say, they have had their affects on my computer. I feel the best thing to do is to reconfigure/reformat. I have tried to do this on my own with no success. I have all of the driver CD's. I run Windows XP. I inserted the Windows service pack CD, and rebooted into the boot startup (with Dell this is F12). I clicked on the IDS or IDM Cd disk (it was #5), hit enter and it went to my login page. Then I went to my Computer, opened the CD and it took me to the service pack page. No where in there did it give me an option of reformatting. I was under the impression that when I booted from the CD it would take me to a blue page and ask me what I wanted to do, with reformatting as an option.
I had to reformat my computer the first year I received it, and Dell tech assisted me with that. They wiped out my computer first, then I installed the CD's to load the operating system back on. How do I do this again? That is the big question!
Sitting here with my fingers crossed, hoping you can help.
Thanks
Stillh2o

tashi
2006-05-12, 11:04
Hello stillh2o

I think your best option is to go to the Dell Forums and post there for advice so they can guide you through this.

http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/

Best of luck. :)