PDA

View Full Version : Immunizing

Jim B
2006-05-09, 17:29
This problem has been happening for a while now, so I would appriecate somebodys thoughts/ fix.

When I immunize my computer, it reports that all known products are already blocked. However, a day or two later, when I check to see if everything is still ok, it says 50 or so products are not blocked so I need immunize again.

Just before I start sounding thick, I HAVE NOT updated the spybot immunization database when this happens.

Anyway, thanks in advance

spybotsandra
2006-05-09, 17:40
Hello,

This is a little bug in Spybot - Search & Destroy. The programm tries to immunize other accounts.
Probably, you do not have the rights to immunize because you are running Spybot-S&D as a normal user and not as admin.
As a current solution you can try to "Undo" the Immunisation. Now the bad products are allowed.
Then "Immunize" again. This should solve the problem for now.
We are about to locate this bug and fix it.
The fix will be downloadable with our next program upgrade.
We hope that it will be available soon.

Some more information is availible in our forum:
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=78

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

md usa spybot fan
2006-05-09, 18:10
Some third party Internet Explorer tools and anti-spyware products affect Spybot's immunization:
Cookie Pal removes cookie blocking registry entries put in place by Spybot.
Webroot’s Spy Sweeper IE Security Shield blocks some of the restricted zone entries that Spybot attempts to add to the registry.
Every once and a while immunizing with Spybot, Microsoft AntiSpyware reports that something is being added to the Trusted Sites Zone in Internet explorer. The report from Microsoft AntiSpyware is a false positive.
ZoneAlarm has caused problems in the past by removing some of Spybot's immunization.
If you use other products such as SpywareBlaster, IE-Spyad, etc. that also add the same type of registry entries that Spybot uses and then remove those products, it can remove some of Spybot's immunization.

Please list other software that you run.

Jim B
2006-05-09, 18:13
As you mentioned I use Zonealarm and spyware blaster.

I also use:
AVG Free
Windows Defender Beta 2 Refresh (ver. 1347)
Ad-Aware SE Personal
CCleaner