PDA

View Full Version : Multiple errors today

besafe
2006-05-09, 21:05
The other day, I attempted to fix the unreadable popup error using the Res Hack program. However, the fix did not work. The accept or deny buttons are both visible now, but the deny button is grayed out.

Today, when I updated Spybot, changes were made to my registry. This could have just been Spybot and Spysweeper not playing nice with each other.

In any case, this made me nervous. So I did a scan with both spybot and Spysweeper. Both came up clean. I then unisnstalled Spybot and reinstalled.

On the reinstall I got the following error: Reg Create Key Ex Failed. Code 5. Access denied. I chose to "try again" and got the same error, so then I chose to ignore and move on. The set up went fine after that.

Just now, I tried to use the executable file from this forum to fix the unreadable pop up error. It tells me that it cannot find the the Tea Timer.exe file.

I'm nervous that I may have a trojan or some sort of malware causing these errors.

What should I do?

besafe
2006-05-09, 21:43
The other day, I attempted to fix the unreadable popup error using the Res Hack program. However, the fix did not work. The accept or deny buttons are both visible now, but the deny button is grayed out.

Today, when I updated Spybot, changes were made to my registry. This could have just been Spybot and Spysweeper not playing nice with each other.

In any case, this made me nervous. So I did a scan with both spybot and Spysweeper. Both came up clean. I then unisnstalled Spybot and reinstalled.

On the reinstall I got the following error: Reg Create Key Ex Failed. Code 5. Access denied. I chose to "try again" and got the same error, so then I chose to ignore and move on. The set up went fine after that.

Just now, I tried to use the executable file from this forum to fix the unreadable pop up error. It tells me that it cannot find the the Tea Timer.exe file.

I'm nervous that I may have a trojan or some sort of malware causing these errors.

What should I do?

I went ahead and unisntalled Spybot a second time. Cleaned the registry and deleted the spybot folder from the C drive. I then rebooted. After reboot, I disconnected my computer from the internet using my forewall block and then turned off Spysweeper. At this point, I reinstalled Spybot, then turned Spysweeper back on, then reconnected to the internet. Finally, I came to this forum and downloaded the patch to fix the unreadable popup error.

All is well :)