PDA

View Full Version : Remember this decision

benpmoldovan
2006-05-11, 03:33
Help,

I denied a registry change

"Resident denied the change of igfxtray [categor System Startup global entry] based on your black list."

I didn't know if I should allow this change... I didn't, but unfortunately, I clicked "Remember this decision".

Now this stupid message pops up over and over again. How do I undo this "Remember this decision"? Also, is this igfxtray change something that I can safely allow? If not, what do I do?

Thanks.

Zenobia
2006-05-11, 04:04
Try rightclicking teatimer(down by the clock),select settings,click Blocked Registry changes,and look for the igfxtray entry,and if you find it,click the black x to remove it.

There's info on igfxtray at Castlecops startup list here:
http://castlecops.com/s1568-igfxtray.html
and here:
http://castlecops.com/s1638-Intel®_Common_User_Interface.html

And here's some file paths of where igfxtray should be located(just for extra info):
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\IGFXTRAY.EXE for- 98,ME
C:\WINDOWS\System32\igfxtray.exe- XP
C:\WINNT\system32\igfxtray.exe- 2K,XP

benpmoldovan
2006-05-12, 02:14
Thanks for your response.

There's no Tea Timer icon, there is a Resident icon, if that's what you mean.

What's happening is there are 5 Registry change denied boxes that pop up on my screen continuously (the same one stacked five high). I have to close spybot and end task a couple times to get it to stop, but then there's no icon in my tray. If I don't, then when I try to right click on Resident and select Settings, nothing happens (the stupid message popping up apparently causes my menu to disappear pretty quick after I right click on the icon).

Zenobia
2006-05-12, 03:11
Yes,I mean the little white and blue icon with a padlock on it.

Try this:If Spybot isn't already in advanced mode,then click mode up top,then advanced mode.Then over to the left side,click tools,then resident.Remove the checkmark from beside 'Resident "Teatimer" (Protection of over-all system settings)active'.Leave it unchecked for a few minutes,then recheck it.Hopefully,that will stop the continuous teatimer pop-ups.Then,you should be able to rightclick teatimer,select settings,and remove the entries you wish to remove.hth :)

benpmoldovan
2006-05-13, 03:38
That seems to have done the trick. Thanks very much.

Zenobia
2006-05-13, 04:32
You're welcome.Glad it worked. :)