PDA

View Full Version : Spybotsd, Full system scan, All Profiles/Allhives

AntonyUK
2006-05-16, 10:13
Dear Spybot support and forum members. I hope someone can advise me please?

What I am trying to achieve is a totally clean system.

We are running XP on a Windows 2000 active directory domain. I have installed Spybot 1.4 using group policy and this is fine.

If I run a login script that starts spybotsd it runs in the security context of the user logging in only and does not check anything other than that particular users profile.

Is there a way to run a scan that sweeps the whole PC including all other users profiles stored on the particular PC, preferably at startup rather than login?

I have tried adding /allhives to the command line and running a scheduled task on system startup as "local authority/system" but this does not find anything even though I know there are tracking cookies in users profiles.

md usa spybot fan
2006-05-16, 15:07
Although the entire system is scanned for most malware, due to restrictions in the Microsoft APIs (Application Program Interfaces) used by Spybot, the scan from one account does not include the Internet cache, cookies and some other user specific entries of other accounts.

AntonyUK
2006-05-16, 15:28
Many thanks. Looks like I will have to scan all the other profiles as and when the user logs into them.

Regards.