PDA

View Full Version : I still have 19 things un immunized

cheater87
2006-05-17, 06:45
i can't immunize all of them. its stuck at 19. how can i fix this?

md usa spybot fan
2006-05-17, 07:06
What OS do you have? Also please list other software that you run.

Some third party Internet Explorer tools and anti-spyware products affect Spybot's immunization. For example:
Cookie Pal removes cookie blocking registry entries put in place by Spybot.
Webroot’s Spy Sweeper IE Security Shield blocks some of the restricted zone entries that Spybot attempts to add to the registry.
Every once and a while immunizing with Spybot, Microsoft AntiSpyware reports that something is being added to the Trusted Sites Zone in Internet explorer. The report from Microsoft AntiSpyware is a false positive.
ZoneAlarm has caused problems in the past by removing some of Spybot's immunization.
If you use other products such as SpywareBlaster, IE-Spyad, etc. that also add the same type of registry entries that Spybot uses and then remove those products, it can remove some of Spybot's immunization.

cheater87
2006-05-17, 07:11
i don't have zone alarm and no message from windows defender came up

Edit:
Yesterday, 23:11
i have spywareblaster 3.5.1 still at 19

Edit:
Yesterday, 23:16
this is starting to bug me im kinda a perfectenist

Edit:
Today, 00:03
please help. i disabled all of Spywareblaster's stuff and immunized then turned it back on and its still at 19

bubba
2006-05-17, 14:58
Have you noticed this in the past or did this just start happening ?

In case it has to do with the ActiveX protection....does this signed on user have Admin privileges ?

md usa spybot fan
2006-05-17, 17:22
cheater87:

There were 19 additions to the restricted zone (by domain) entries with the 2006-05-12 updates. I suspect that for some reason you are no longer able to immunize properly, possibly due to an authorization problem. I also suspect that the items that are immunized were from the 2006-05-05 updates.

It would be helpful if you answered the following question:

What OS do you have?
As well as bubba (http://forums.spybot.info/member.php?u=50)'s question:

....does this signed on user have Admin privileges ?
In addition if you could tell us what the actual immunization counts are, that would be helpful (the xxxx value from the following message):
Warning
xxxx bad products already blocked, 19 additional protections possible. Please immunize.
OK

cheater87
2006-05-18, 04:58
6336 immunized 19 not and i am running windows xp with sp2 its a multi user computer so do you think it could be trying to immunize someone else's account?

md usa spybot fan
2006-05-18, 06:36
Please log on to a computer administrator account and try to immunize again.

cheater87
2006-05-18, 07:02
i am an administrater i'll try my dad's account and see if that helps

cheater87
2006-05-18, 07:08
THANK YOU i finally got rid of it by immunizing my dad's account many thanks to everyone who has helped *tips hat*:bigthumb: :heart: :D

cheater87
2006-05-19, 05:02
oooh i could not immunize cause my bro made my account limited cause he got mad at me earlier i fixed it and made mine admin again