PDA

View Full Version : Newb question\comment

stang306
2006-09-26, 17:51
This is my first post here at this forum, and I would like to first say hello. My machine's date and time would always change after restart, or logging in. SB 1.4 seems to have solved the problem. Is there anyway I could have identified the spyware responsible for the date/time changes? One other thing, I only use the web for Paypal, Ebay, Hotmail, coin forums, Photobucket, and news sites. So how did I get infected with something that changes date/time? Thanks for taking a newb inquiry,

stang306

tashi
2006-09-26, 18:22
Hello and welcome. :)

Without more information it wouldn't be possible to know how the date and time was changed. ;)

Even though you don't know which spyware may have been involved, a Spybot report would show what was cleaned.

Please let us know:

Operating system, Security programs installed.

Also, please open Spybot>Help>About
Let us know the version and latest detection update.

PayPal and ebay are well know for Phishing scams; make sure that when you go to such sites it is not via clicking links in an email received.

stang306
2006-09-27, 02:35
Hey Tashi, my OS is XP Home, version 5.1.2600 service pack 2, build 2600. Spybot S&D ver. 1.4 latest detection date 2006-09-22. I'm running Norton for avp., updated and current. Does this version of Spybot, take care of the malware? Is it safe to access a site using the links in my favorites?
Thanks,
Stang306