Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Install Issue...

Default Install Issue...

I'm trying to install 1.5.2 on my pc with XP and it's having troubles downloading the required files. During the File Download Phase, it hangs trying the get updallocator.php. Something about unable to resolve www.safer-networking.org. I know I can get to this url via the browser but during install, it doesn't work.

I installed this on another pc on the same network and it worked fine...

Any assistance appreciated...

I'm having the same issue, any help appreciated.

Hello,

During the installation Spybot tries to download the updates.
    You can disable this function in the wizard itself.
    Just untick the checkbox in front of "download updates during installation".
    The updates can be downloaded later on.

For more information on updating please have a look at this link on our website:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/howto/update.html
    You can also download the updates manually:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html
    Here is the direct download link.
    Just download and run that file - it is self-installing.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Default Installation Issues

Quote Originally Posted by jlee2070 View Post
    I'm trying to install 1.5.2 on my pc with XP and it's having troubles downloading the required files. During the File Download Phase, it hangs trying the get updallocator.php. Something about unable to resolve www.safer-networking.org.

I get the same error message.

My error sending request reads "The server name or address could not be resolved."

I have done a complete uninstall with a new reinstall, but get the same error message.

What to do?!
    Last edited by tashi; 2008-03-30 at 16:36. Reason: Mod: removed live link in signature after it re-directed to Hiphopclixs

thejoyofsponsorship.net

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

JohnnysAngel:

As previously suggested by spybotsandra, I suggest that you try skipping the updates during the installation and do them after the installation completes so that you are not subject to any connection problems during the installation:
    • Download the installation program spybotsd152.exe from one of the mirror sites listed here:
    • Execute spybotsd152.exe.
    • When you get to the "Select Components" screen during the installation, uncheck "Download updates immediately" (see attachment).
    • After the installation completes go into Spybot > Update to download updates.
      • Note: If you have a firewall the updates in Spybot 1.5 are done using SDUpdate.exe not SpybotSD.exe as in the past. Therefore SDUpdate.exe must be authorized to access the internet through your firewall.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Thumbs up Installation Issue - Fixed!

You're a genious, md usa spybot fan...it worked! I had kept forgetting to uncheck the "download updates during installation" box during installation.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

thejoyofsponsorship.net

I had similar issue and your sugestion has worked for me as well. Thank you!

For me, I was running Zone Alarm... Turned it off temporarily and it worked...

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post
    JohnnysAngel:

As previously suggested by spybotsandra, I suggest that you try skipping the updates during the installation and do them after the installation completes so that you are not subject to any connection problems during the installation:
    • Download the installation program spybotsd152.exe from one of the mirror sites listed here:
    • Execute spybotsd152.exe.
    • When you get to the "Select Components" screen during the installation, uncheck "Download updates immediately" (see attachment).
    • After the installation completes go into Spybot > Update to download updates.
      • Note: If you have a firewall the updates in Spybot 1.5 are done using SDUpdate.exe not SpybotSD.exe as in the past. Therefore SDUpdate.exe must be authorized to access the internet through your firewall.
    Helped me out and works like a charm now.
    Last edited by tashi; 2008-03-30 at 16:37. Reason: Mod: removed commercial signature

Default Cannot install - a connection with the server could not be established

Thanks spybotsandra i just had a look at your reply to someone else and now i finally install spybot on my comp. A