Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: TrojansC.Sbi

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

cindi28:

I wrote that on 2007-06-14 in response Monsoon's problem and it most likely will not fix the current problem that you are having.

Is the problem you are having?
    • "There were problems in the include file C:/program files/spybot.search_destroy/includes/trojansC.sbi" See "includes errors.log" for details.

Are you running Spybot 1.4 and did the problem started after the 2008-04-09 updates?

If so, upgrading to Spybot 1.5.2 will solve the problem.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post
    cindi28:
    Is the problem you are having?
    • "There were problems in the include file C:/program files/spybot.search_destroy/includes/trojansC.sbi" See "includes errors.log" for details.

Are you running Spybot 1.4 and did the problem started after the 2008-04-09 updates?

If so, upgrading to Spybot 1.5.2 will solve the problem.
    Hope it's okay to post on this thread...

This is the exact problem I just started having today. It did start after the last updates. I am using Spybot 1.4, as I have read of a number of issues in regards to 1.5, so I wanted to stick with 1.4 for as long as it's being updated/supported. I assume this is still the case since I can still download updates, is that correct?

Questions:

1. Is the only way to fix this issue to update to 1.5.2?

2. What exactly is the issue? Is it problematic or harmful to my computer?

3. Will there be an update to 1.4 that will fix the issue if you still want to use 1.4?

4. If it won't be fixed in 1.4, is there any harm in just letting the error happen and still using 1.4 for the time being?

5. If it's absolutely necessary to update to 1.5.2, what is the best way to do this? I notice that when I check for updates, there is this update:

Main Update 1.5.2 !Main Application update, release 3 (284KB)

However, I do see that earlier in this thread, it's said to do it this way:

http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...6&postcount=10

...if that's the case, then why is the update available within 1.4 when you check for updates if that's a bad way to do it?

Sorry if some of these questions are repeats -- I just want to make sure I do the right thing and not mess up my computer. Thanks so much for the help!

also receiving this error with version 1.4. If possible i'd like to keep using this version because im happy with it. If any of the devs would respond to whether or not this will be fixed (just some sort of acknowledgment), that would be greatly appreciated.

If not, then i have no choice but to update which im not particularly keen on doing.

cheers

I'd like to add an additional question to my post above:

6. Is there a way to get rid of that last update that isn't compatible with 1.4 and just stick with that (and have it work properly) for now?

And, again, is this error we're getting harmful in any way to our computer or make us vulnerable to anything?

Thanks! Hope to hear from one of the helpful developers soon!

Hello,

We have added some new detection routines for our new version 1.5.
    The old versions can't handle with this new routines yet.
    So please upgrade to the Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.5.2.
    This should fix it.
    Here is the download link:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html
    Please do not forget to update afterwards.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Bloomcounty:

Quote Originally Posted by bloomcounty View Post
    … Hope to hear from one of the helpful developers soon!
    I am not a developer and since you apparently what a response "… from one of the helpful developers ...", I am reluctant to answer your questions. However, since you pointed to my recommendation in one of your queries, I will answer that question:

Quote Originally Posted by bloomcounty View Post
    5. If it's absolutely necessary to update to 1.5.2, what is the best way to do this? I notice that when I check for updates, there is this update:

Main Update 1.5.2 !Main Application update, release 3 (284KB)

However, I do see that earlier in this thread, it's said to do it this way:

http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...6&postcount=10

...if that's the case, then why is the update available within 1.4 when you check for updates if that's a bad way to do it?
    After Spybot 1.4 was released people using Spybot 1.3 complained that they were not aware that a new version existed and requested that Spybot should include the ability to upgrade from within the intergraded update facility. The developers accommodated that request in the upgrade from Spybot 1.4 to Spybot 1.5.

My recommendation is that you uninstall Spybot 1.4 (or even earlier versions of Spybot 1.5 like Spybot 1.5 betas as well as the original Spybot 1.5) prior to the installation of Spybot 1.5.2.20) according to the instruction you referenced. There are several reasons I recommend this:
    1. Spybot 1.5 uses some different registry entries than those used in Spybot 1.4. Without deleting those registry entries they will become orphaned and just be wasteful entries.
    2. Spybot 1.4 and early versions of Spybot 1.5 (before Spybot 1.5.2.20) immunized in more registry hives than Spybot 1.5.2.20 does. Therefore even doing an immunization "Undo" under Spybot 1.5.2.20 will not remove those registry entries so they must be removed before installing the new version.
    3. Because of the way Spybot 1.5.2.20 is identified in the systems Add/Remove Programs facility, installing Spybot 1.5.2.20 without deleting prior versions can cause multiple entries of Spybot in the systems Add/Remove Programs facility. This has not only caused confusion but also has lead some people to inadvertent uninstall their new Spybot 1.5.2.20.

In addition if something goes wrong during the execution of the upgrade program (sbsd152upd.exe) some people have reported having a difficult time recovering from the failure.

Hence my recommendation.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Thank you for the reply. No offense meant by asking for help from a developer. I thought that's what all of you were. Sorry! I guess I just meant spybot experts!

I don't wish to update to 1.5.2 at this time. For the time being, I will probably just keep 1.4 on my computer as it is. However, it now contains the update that isn't compatible, giving me the error message (as explained above).

So I was hoping I could still get these questions answered:

1a. Is keeping Spybot 1.4 with this incompatible update harmful to my computer in any way?

1b. Is there any harm in just letting the error happen and still using 1.4 for the time being, as is?

2. Is there a way to "get rid of" the update in question that isn't compatible with 1.4?

3. Re: The little registry clean-up thing to run when uninstalling... Does this change/effect *anything* other than Spybot entries? Will it mess up anything for my AVG Free A/V and Antispyware, ZoneAlarm Free, or SuperAntiSpyware? (I opened the file in notepad to see the "code", and while it looks like most of the things listed are Spybot related, some don't mention Spybot -- so that's why I ask.)

Looking forward to hearing back. Thanks for the help.

I have the same problem, have opened the zip and found two elements.

Can I can select them as they are, copy them and paste them somewhere else?

And where do I paste the first one?

Thanks.

Edit: No. I can't have this problem because I see that it's from 2007!
    Will scan again and record the error exactly.
    I've also noticed that I've posted this in the wrong thread.
    Please remove (don't know how to!). Sorry!
    Last edited by glennhubbster; 2008-05-11 at 12:23.