Thread: Immunization lost every time Firefox is opened

Default Immunization lost every time Firefox is opened

Hi there. I hope you can help me.
    I am running Windows XP pro SP3, Microsoft Security Essentials, Firefox 3.6.13 and Spybot S&D 1.6.2.46. I have enabled Spybot SD Helper; but Tea Timer is NOT enabled so it won't compete with Security Essentials. I am also running Firefox in a private browsing session. Every time I open and close Firefox my immunizations for that user are lost. I have read other posts here which indicate that immunizations should not be lost with Firefox private browsing. Is this a new problem with Firefox 3.6.13? Thanks, Paul

Hi.
    I put my Firefox into a private browsing session and closed Firefox a couple times to check,and my immunization hasn't been lost,so far.

Please see here:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=49881
    Tools->Options->Privacy.Under History,beside Firefox Will,select Use Custom Settings for History,if Clear History When Firefox Closes is checkmarked,then click Settings,and make sure Site Preferences is not checkmarked.

Also,in Tools,Clear Recent History,make sure Site Preferences is not checkmarked.

Problem Solved!
    Thanks for your help! I've discovered that when Firefox is set to private browsing the "Clear history when Firefox closes" box is unchecked and grayed out, preventing you from looking at the settings. I unchecked "Automatically start Firefox in a private browsing session" box and then checked the "Clear history when Firefox closes" box, allowing me to look at the settings. I found out that my "Site Preferences" box WAS checked. I removed the check and put everything back as before -- and now my immunizations do not get cleared. Apparently Firefox clears history (based on to the settings) even though in private browsing the "Clear history when Firefox closes" box remains unchecked -- a little confusing. Anyway, things are working fine now. Thanks for your prompt help. Have a great day! Paul

You're welcome.