Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where is my Tea Timer inSD2 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gopher John View Post
    How is TeaTimer disabled permanently in SpyBot S&D 2.0.3 Beta? I can disable from an Admin account in WinXP, log off and enter another account and it is disabled. However, upon restart of Windows, TeaTimer is enabled again on all Windows accounts. I would like to be able to disable all those services, as I'm seeing SpyBot services using a lot of CPU cycles all the time.

This is also true of the other SpyBot S&D services. With SpyBot S&D 1.6.2, one could permanently disable TeaTimer and/or SDHelper.
    Dear,
    I don't wanna disable it and I use paranoid mode. Its a life saver for me when I use free games or any free software!!
    Once u accept a rule permanently I feel u have to uninstall and re-install SD.

Hello,

Go to your desktop and double click on the "Spybot-S&D Start Center".
    Now activate the "Experienced User Mode" at top by ticking the checkbox.
    In the area "Settings & More Tools" please click on "Services".
    Now stop the "On-Access Monitor" by ticking the "Stop" button.
    Close the "Spybot - Search & Destroy Services" window.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Quote Originally Posted by imageek View Post
    You could try disable the startup-file in CCleaner. And by the way Spybot team, have you noticed all the stuff you guys have in the CCleaner list?
    True, very true. But, CCleaner will not prompt me, the moment any start-up is added and deleted and take action rt. at that moment to save it run again during next start-up. Tea Timer in paranoid mode is just the superb monitor.

By the way, I have one request. Could you guys add an option to "Remember action" in TeaTimer? I hate denying all these files. I don't know if Spybot can't deny them, or what. It would be easier if it was able to just "Kill the Process". This was able before, but now it's only "Allow, Deny, Ignore", etc. (I'm talking about when the real time monitor is detecting a malicious file..)
    Last edited by imageek; 2011-05-16 at 16:39.

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello,

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot
    Thanx. But it looks the paranoid mode is not working in SD2 as it is in SD1.6.2, atleast on win7 x86.

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello,

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot
    Sandra,
    Thanks for your reply.

I used the Right Click on the system tray to open the Services window in the WinXP Pro SP3 admin account. I then disabled all SpyBot S&D services. This worked even when logging off and entering other Windows user accounts. However, on Windows restart, all those services came back up. SpyBot S&D is set as Experienced User for those accounts that I use personally.

Yesterday afternoon, after using the Right Click scan from Windows Explorer, first with SpyBot S&D 1.6.2 and then with Beta 2.0.3, Windows Explorer had errors. When those cleared, Windows then hung on shutdown when attempting a restart. On hard restart, Windows did come up successfully. I then uninstalled Beta 2.0.3. All that was left was a few files in the install directory. There are likely registry entries, but at some point in the future, I'll try SpyBot S&D again. Perhaps with a more mature beta or pre-release.

Pentium4 3.4GHZ, 2.0GB RAM, 2 160GB HDs, RADEON x850 XT Platinum Edition
    WinXP Pro SP3 32bit, avast! V6.0.1125 Free, SpywareBlaster 4.4, SpyBot Search & Destroy 1.6.2.46(TeaTimer inactive)
    IE 8, Opera 11.10, Firefox 4.0.1, MBam Free, SAS Free, SyGate Firewall v5.6, CCleaner
    Last edited by Gopher John; 2011-05-16 at 19:03. Reason: Add System information

The only way i know yet is to open "Service" Manager (from Windows) and set the service you don't wish to start from Automatic to Manuall, and if you wish them to start to still can run them out of S&D Tray. Hf