Thread: Gangs of London Commercial Playing in BG???

Default Gangs of London Commercial Playing in BG???

I have done my best to eradicate every crap that is infecting my computer. But I have failed, even Spybot.

I don't understand what it is, but this has happened twice. I will be sitting down, talking on MSN and I will hear music start playing out of no where! I listen and its this something about Gangs of London (googled it, some PS2 game).

After stairing at the screen thinking "WTF" and looking at firefox thinking its an annoying flash ad (which it isn't because firefox had my website up) I get a pop up with Internet Explorer 7.

This pop up is talking about my registration getting cleaned up, click to download here, blah blah blah, **** that!

I wasn't to smart, I didn't take a screen shot. Sorry guys But this one is puzzling the **** out of me.

Ever since I installed Windows Blinds, AIM 5.1, and Desktop Objects, I've been getting a lot of shit wierd stuff happening to my computer. **** I hate AIM. (BTW I got rid of Windows Blinds and Desktop Objects because those two programs ****** my computer up, I couldnt run some applications, system would lock up and freeze, POS 1 star!)

Anyways, should I uninstall Internet Explorer 7? It's a god damn system hag...
    Last edited by tashi; 2006-11-13 at 08:51. Reason: Removed inappropiate language

Hey everyone, it happened again. I took a screenshot of the pop-up that I can't get rid of. Registry Repair Pro from 3B Software? WTF

Hello realchaos1

I see you have another topic:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=8890

Please do the following so someone can analyse a log to see what is on the system:

This is the procedure for posting in the Malware Removal Forum

"BEFORE you POST" -Preliminary Steps and scanning with SPYBOT-S&D

Regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default buildbirdaim.exe

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Hello realchaos1

I see you have another topic:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=8890
    Already fixed that problem. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Please do the following so someone can analyse a log to see what is on the system:

This is the procedure for posting in the Malware Removal Forum

"BEFORE you POST" -Preliminary Steps and scanning with SPYBOT-S&D

Regards.

I appologies, I am new to the community and am unaware of the terminology. Please move this thread if needed.

I wanted to bump this once more. This has occured again but it played a Tony Hawk commercial in the background. When the Task Manager came up I organized the Processes by CPU usage and "buildbirdaim.exe" showed up using 90+% of the CPU.

Tell me this, is anyone in the Spybot community aware of "buildbirdaim.exe?" it says its only 200k but its hagging the entire CPU. How can I capture this bug and send it to Spybot? I don't want this crap infecting anyone elses computer. It's very annoying!
    Last edited by realchaos1; 2006-11-14 at 15:53.

ok guys, i found this sitting in:

C:/Windows/Prefetch

BUILDBIRDAIM.EXE-070B471E.pf

Can we analyze it? It's attached, please kill it!!!!

PLEASE EXAMINE, WHY IS THIS THING INFECTING MY COMPY!?