Thread: AVGNT.EXE File

Default AVGNT.EXE File

Hi, a few weeks ago I un-installed the software Antivir which I thought went fine. When I enabled Teatimer it won't stop blocking this pesky file (avgnt.exe) which comes up every few seconds.

(Teatimer says: "1/8/2007 9:27:28 PM Denied (based on user decision) value "avgnt" (new data: "") deleted in System Startup global entry!

When I search for it it doesn't come out and I can't get Spybot to delete it. Anyone have any idea how to find and get rid of this file..Thanks

When I enabled Teatimer it won't stop blocking this pesky file (avgnt.exe) which comes up every few seconds.
    When Teatimer blocks avgnt.exe,does a little box pop up on the lower right hand corner of your screen,and maybe say something like this:Registry change denied Identified as:User Blacklist?

Or is Teatimer popping up in the middle of your screen,asking you to Allow or Deny avgnt.exe?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    When Teatimer blocks avgnt.exe,does a little box pop up on the lower right hand corner of your screen,and maybe say something like this:Registry change denied Identified as:User Blacklist?

Or is Teatimer popping up in the middle of your screen,asking you to Allow or Deny avgnt.exe?
    The former, but I think I have managed to delete the file that I finally located in the registry..Thanks for your help..

That's good.
    If you'd like to remove that entry from your Black & White list(if it's there),rightclick Teatimer,and select Settings,which will bring up the Black & White list.You should see four things at the top of the Black & White list,Allowed Registry Changes,Blocked Registry Changes,Allowed Processes,Blocked Processes.Try clicking on Blocked Registry Changes,and look in there to see if there's an entry about avgnt.exe(you can pull the window to the right with your mouse if you can't see everything,and/or put your mouse on the first line to the right of Blocked registry changes that's right below the four headings and pull it to the right),and then click the black X beside it to remove it,say Yes to the prompt,then click OK.

Thanks Zenobia, file not there.thanks for the info

You're welcome.