Thread: version 1.4 won't immunize all that are available

Unhappy version 1.4 won't immunize all that are available

I've been running Spybot 1.3 with no problems. I just installed version 1.4. I downloaded the updated immunization database and chose to immunize but it will not do all of them. It says everything is immunized then when I check again it says some still need to be immunized. I can repeat this with no success in getting all the immunizations done. How do I correct this? Do I need to just re-install Spybot 1.4? thanks

Could you tell me which version of Windows you have?

Win 2000 Sp4

Do you have any of the products/Internet Explorer tools mentioned in this post ?(taken from this thread: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=9003 )

I don't have any of the programs running that are mentioned at that link. Symantec's Norton Systemworks 2005 and Adaware SE are the only two antivirus/malware programs besides Spybot that I run on this computer. The browser is MS Explorer. I keep all updated weekly including anything for WIN 2000. Spybot was fine until I installed 1.4.

This computer is one of 7 in a genealogy library that I'm the director of. I updated and installed Spybot 1.4 on the others also but didn't have any problems with the immunization of those computers. They all have the same programs on them.

I'm not sure what would be causing that.How many does Spybot say cannot be immunized after you check again?If you haven't already,try clicking Undo to remove Immunization,then Immunize again,then check again,see what you get.

Question

I already tried the undo and then immunize again. That didn't help at all. Since the computer hadn't been used since before Christmas, Spybot wanted to immunize over 2,000 things. After doing that and checking again, it keeps wanting to immunize a couple hundred more things. Those couple hundred things just won't get immunized. Shall I just uninstall and re-install?

I just read another post. I didn't uninstall 1.3 before installing 1.4. Could that be messing things up?
    Last edited by A1973; 2007-01-11 at 16:27. Reason: thought of another question

Hello,

This is a little bug in Spybot - Search & Destroy. The programm tries to immunize other accounts.
    Probably, you do not have the rights to immunize because you are running Spybot-S&D as a normal user and not as admin.
    As a current solution you can try to "Undo" the Immunisation. Now the bad products are allowed.
    Then "Immunize" again. This should solve the problem for now.
    We are about to locate this bug and fix it.
    The fix will be downloadable with our next program upgrade.
    We hope that it will be available soon.

Some more information is availible in our forum:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=78

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

I was logged in as Administrator and I've tried the undo but I will be patient and wait for the update. Thanks for your time!