Thread: spybot frezzes system at tns search

Default spybot frezzes system at tns search

i have downloaded spybot 1.4 and all the updates..
    i have windows 2003
    i dont have any pop up ads or anything odd..but sometimes internet is slow as hell

when i run spybot it hangs the computer at botchek (12841/55714: TNS-Search)
    i have run lavasofts adaware to but it dont find anything!?

and one wierd this is that i cant use any antivirus online tools! they fail at install..panda,microtrend,bitdefender

what can i do..i have uninstalled botcheck and downloaded it again..same effect! I can run it on my other computer that also runs windows 2003
    Last edited by kallstrom_74; 2007-01-16 at 15:09. Reason: added text

Default ....

i can now say that it dont stop at the same place then it hangs..now it stopped at 12000 something..but still in TNS search...is there any TNS thing that make it crach or what could it be?

Hello,

Probably this has nothing to do with TNS.

Many users have reported a problem after the advanced check library update (version 1.5) from the 2007-01-12:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=10443/_
    The scan was much faster before, now it takes longer than one hour.
    But we were able to fix the problem yet. You can download the fix first in our forum:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/file...eck151test.zip
    Later it will be availible as update. Please close your Spybot-Search & Destroy. Now you just have to extract the zip file and then exchange the advcheck.dll in your Spybot folder manually - usually located at: C:\Programms\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Updates
    Now your Spybot - Search & Destroy should scan as usual.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Default sorry spybotsandra

i put the .dll file in spybots folder and overwrote the old one...but same thing...it freezes the system totaly..can only press the reset button :(