Thread: TeaTimer popup redux

Default TeaTimer popup redux

I had the same problem with the TeaTimer popup as everyone else has been having. I pushed the wrong button, so a registry change was allowed.

I also did not check for this decision to be remembered, so I cannot go into the Black and White list to undo it.

So, what should I do next? I have allowed a registry change that I now want to kill. How do I go about this?

Thanks in advance!!

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

There is no facility within TeaTimer to reverse any registry change decisions ("Allow change" or "Deny change") that you make with TeaTimer. Normally you have to redo whatever you were doing so that the registry change is attempted again (or manually edit the Registry).

Also clicking "Remember this decision" does not allow you to undo changes to the registry. Checking "Remember this decision" for both "Allow change" or "Deny change" merely serves to automatically repeat that decision during similar changes to the same registry entry in future.

What registry change did you allow that wanted to deny?

If you would like to post the change that you allowed, perhaps someone can figure out what was happening at the time of the registry change. To do that:
    • Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Resident > page (scroll) to the bottom of the listing and highlight a portion of the log that shows the change you are questioning, then right click and select Copy. Paste (Ctrl+V) the log entries to another post in this thread.

General guidelines for TeaTimer (my personal opinion):
    • If you allow all registry changes, you would be no worse off than if you didn't have TeaTimer enabled at all. The registry monitor facility within TeaTimer is not rule based. It allows you to decide if you want to allow or deny any changes that are made to the registry keys that it monitors.
    • If you can't figure out what the change is, don't necessarily "Deny" the change. If you deny the wrong change you can adversely affect the stability, functionality and security of your system.
    • When a change occurs try to take into consideration what is happening on your system (installing, updating, etc.).

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.