Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

1. For targetting a special file, see Spybot Christmas Presents, Part 2: Separate File Scanner

2. For Firefox, there are already great generic protection plugins: NoScript and AdBlock, for example. It's somewhere on our todo list though to write a specific Firefox plugin as well I've added this issue to the bug tracking/feature request system though to allow votes and comments on the topic.

4. The browser page overview already allows you to change entries (see Change button in the toolbar). Do you want that button to be available in the context menu (right click) as well, or have I misunderstood your point?

6. For utilities, I would recommend RunAlyzer as a stand-alone tool. It's going to replace the integrated tools section in Spybot-S&D 2.0 RunAlyzer takes a lot of time to start up as well, that's true, because of it's integration check. Requests for specific combinations to be added to the startup selection are welcome.

7. The option to temporarily disable already exists, and the 2.0 TeaTimer is already concepted as a system service and with some other plans to make it more persistent

X. In RunAlyzer, you can already copy entries to the clipboard. I've added this feature request for direct browser links though.

Sorry that I skipped some entries, just used a short break in working on the new TeaTimer which I need to get back to now
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Default Separate Secure Shredder suggestion

Separate Secure Shredder suggestion:

Followup on a gripe by Sliztzan in the following thread:

Please consider adding a feature to the Spybot > Mode > Advance mode > Tools > Secure Shredder facility that would allow the addition or removal of the standalone context menu driven "Separate Secure Shredder" after the installation of Spybot.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default Firefox & Flock support. . .

When working on firefox support, please simultaneously add support for flock.

It is based directly on firefox. It almost seems like a permanent plugin and skin since its still firefox underneath, but it has changed paths so plugins with hard coded path information, and Spybot, don't look in the right spot for various information. And immunization thus probably is not doing anything either.

I am assuming from the previous post that when you say firefox is supported, you don't directly control it as you do IE (I see the link in tea timer), and that when hooked it will be done as a plugin (per previous poster)? I am already running adblock plus with additional subscriptions. But I am getting some that they missed via your HOSTNAME blocks (I see the image not available tag from the browser).

Instead of hook, your current support is scanning the directory's and registry correct? which is better than nothing, but I don't know if I've been had since its not scanning flock's directories.

If you don't hook then what is the protection/immunization doing when it is protecting firefox?

Also until Tea-timer becomes a service, make it easier to restart it. I saw it was not running the other day and could not find how to run it. I looked in the start menu, programs folder, and inside spybot. I think it used to be on the immunization page.

Added two feature requests :
    Browser support for Flock (Spybot-S&D)
    Browser support for Flock (AlterEgo)

Hi, I would love to see a 'Minimize to Tray' option. i was asking about it here but would love to see it properly put in. Just a tick box that when ticked, if you press the minimize button, it minimizes it to an icon in the 'tray' rather than on my taskbar. Thanks!

i have some suggestion.Could detected cookies be for example orange?or some other weak things.Cause all detections are red and for a second im scared if it is spyware or something like that:-/

another is,rather a question..Is there some new version planned?with some lower memory usage?or better realtime protection in tea timer??

i think,the biggest improvement would be more frequent updates!!i mean,dont matter if they will add less detections,but my comp will be sooner protected,dont u think?once a week is not too much:-/

If you want more frequent updates, a good idea would be to participate here; no action involved after installing it, but the more people participate, the less testing is needed on our side

Default Thanks & A Question

First off, I want to give you a hearty "Dankeschoen" for Spybot S&D. It is an amazing program! I always recommend it to my friends and family. Because of your program, I have no spyware! I also make sure to donate money every couple of years.

My question is this: The program always refers to "Internet Explorer" being protected. What about Firefox? That is the browser I use, but I have seen no references to it in Spybot S&D. Today I downloaded 1.5.2 and as soon as I restart my computer it will be installed, so maybe you have Firefox support in it?

Again, thank you for Spybot S&D!

You're welcome

Both immunization and scanning do know Firefox (including the old versions that were still named Firebird), Mozilla/SeaMonkey, various Netscape Navigator versions, Beonex, K-Meleon, Lolifox, Wyzo, Flock, and Opera (Flock and the latest Netscape versions may need the next release).

Internet Explorer additionally has a plugin; for Firefox (and the various compatible Mozilla versions), there's a feature request for a plugin here.