Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

i forgot to say that if i left the dns client running when using spybot hosts mvpshosts and hphosts then everything freezes on my computer, it slows down a bit when using only spybot hostsfile too

Default 1.6 rc1

OK all is good here so far, installed the RC1 over the beta 2 just now and found the things I had questions about working OK now.

1. the screen now opens at the main S&D program screen

2. my disk properties box now opens fast, like it should with the S&D tab removed. this is good cause it wasn't useful anyhow.

As for the speed of scan, its fine by me, I'm used to "slow" lol, I'm even slower than Bill Slowsky, the turtle lololol at least he has DSL, hell I'm still on dial up , smirks. but it seemed to finish the scan pretty fast.

I only have one other deal, which I guess the ones with DSL or cable don't even notice, but why does the program always re update the data base at a new install? I always update to the latest but when installing over another version it never seems to see it and always re downloads the main base again.

Also I still would like a new GUI, or maybe someone has a new skin that looks more like a modern AV type look with 3d bubble buttons.

anyway good deal, it fixed the few items I wanted.

Last edited by HOODYE8; 2008-06-29 at 21:05.

great if spybot would have right click scanning and was able to scan all drives like the dvd drives.

Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

thanks pepimk

maybe the full spybot scan also should scan cd/dvd drives for optimal protection.

Wink yet another straw on the back

Lol, what would it scan on a Linux liveCDvD?

Seriously .. would another tab in <app>/Settings/Ignore products specifically for *only* checked items make sense? That way casual users need not comb the other tabs or the rather lengthy All products tab for the possibly few checked products ignored. Sometimes a product may be selected to exclude rather than a single detection and it is an eye-crosser to run that checked excluded/ignored product down on the Ignore products page as-is.

Question Admin Query

In a future version would it be possible to make Spybot default to using the "Run as Administrator" option in Vista like some other programs do, without having to set it manually in the "Right Click" Properties menu?
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

The reason we did set it as "regular" was that Microsofts Certified for Vista requirements did expect it this way. Since we decided against this certification since it would have limited Spybot-S&D's protection against malware trying to crash it, we're not bound to those requirements, though we of course try to keep the useful majority of them.

One of our directly-after-1.6 steps will be even more separation of modules; the system internals will be a small separate tool, reducing one thing that would require admin rights, and the most important part, the fixing, will most likely also become a separate (well-integrated) file so that we might get to a point where it's no longer required to have the main window need admin rights (and you would e.g. need them only when the fixing part is called).
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Default 1.6 rc2

Another release? I thought after rc 1 it would wait till the final was ready? Well anyway I downloaded it and installed, all is still OK, and I can't see anything changed from rc1 to rc2.So you gona hold up now and release a final and no more RC's?

BTW can't the program hold the last updates? instead of going back and re downloading them again after a install.

And keep that popup box warning about adaware off once you click "ignore".

I have the free version of that just for the heck of it and have never had any conflicts or problems using it with S&D
    Last edited by HOODYE8; 2008-07-04 at 07:36.

Default Suggestion for "immunization requires browser closed"

Am running v1.6 and so far love it. I have it scheduled to update, immunize, and scan at night. If I leave a browser open, it hangs there with the message that open browsers must be closed or immunization may not work. Suggest that you give the user the option to automatically close all open browsers so immunization can complete. The ability to turn this on/off would allow users to choose.

Thanks,
    Kenny