Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Some badsites are breaking the security system of ff and installing ad.. and other stuff just like we are used to see on IE.

i noticed S&D will hang at update language and detection download operation. but the primary purpose for this message is to mention/suggest a counter some where near the radio buttons for the "ignore products" to save user from having to visually scan the entire list to establish what is checked or perhaps just write in scrolling enable.
    hey, thanks for listening and thanks for an outstanding enhancement of my internet experience, using S&D.

feature request from an anonymous user

I love the new perminent deny list but I would think that the ability to manually add new items would be a great feature to have. I come across a lot of new malware fixing customers computers and use your software quite often. But when a piece of malware automatically respawns itself so I cannot delete it I just want to kickban it so it cannot restart. To be able to add it manually to a "forbid list" would be a lifesaver. This could also be added to the startup list view as well, a right click to say "never allow re-enable" for those programs that try and restore themselves back in the startup list. I'm using TrustNoExe right now but it's not being updated any longer and looks like it got sold to a company that's selling it now as exe lockdown. It's come in handy quite a few times but I like spybot and would love to see these features added. Every time I fix a computer with spybot I have the customer donate to the cause. Thanks again guys for the great service.

suggestion from a user called max.

Here's something I'd like to see: an expanded set of command-line options, including the ability to choose what to look for (e.g. usage tracks only, full scan, etc.).

Default cmd line "/AutoAddToHostsFile" option ?

I have a scheduled task on my computer with /autoupdate /autocheck /autofix / autoimmunize

Adding spybot's list to the hosts file is the only extra busywork I have to do after every update (or am I missing anything ?)

Thumbs up Hi you all!

I have lots of suggestion, most of your competors all ready use, it will help put Spy bot back in competition with major companies. People send me address where to forward them.

Sages

Hi Sages.

As this topic is for suggestions feel free to post them here in the future.

Your email was received thank you.

How are you doing with your computer problems?
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default Will spbot ever have protection for firefox?

A lot of it is based on IE and there is an Opera thing but no firefox. How come?

Hello,

Spybot-S&D does also support other browsers than IE. It can empty the browser´s cache and history and checks for bad cookies, start page and bookmarks. ActiveX isn´t supported by Firefox, so there is no need for protection there.

But you can do the following:
    Please go into your Firefox and choose "Tools" from the menubar above.
    Then you choose "Options". Now select "Privacy" from the navigation bar on the left.
    At the section "Cookies" you have to open the "+" by ticking it.
    Please choose "Exeptions".
    Now you are able to enter an address of a web site to block it or allow it.
    Hope this helps.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

i have spywareblaster for that